Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
Well .. after all your help (thx btw! Smile) I'm almost there!
Last problem ( I hope):
The frames are OK, but the game is extremely slooooww!
1 second in game is about 4-5 secs in real life! Laugh
How comes? what can I do?`Sad
Already tried speed hack @ 3x + all the other speed hacks nothing helped! Sad

Sponsored links

I think your 1.8Ghz CPU is stopping you from getting more FPS.

You can try to overclock it if you know how.
Hmm ... I think if this is the reason, whis would lead to LESS FPS no?
As I said the FPS are top, I think about 50-60fps! ... but the game speed is ridiciously low! Sad
there is a difference between slow game speed and low frams per second!
I have problems with the game, when I go to start a race, the screen stays black. (My version is 0.9.6)
Sry for my english
(03-24-2009, 10:12 PM)HeyHey Wrote: i bought the NTSC Version today, but i cant play it, i only got all kinds of artefacts and stripes, i tried it with GSDX9 1.14 834, 730, 890 and PCSX2 0.9.6 release and all Betas

I use SPU-X and Lilly Pad 0.9.9 and Gigaherz CD/DVD Plugin do you know a soloution ???

I tried the pnach 33c6e35e.pnach file but it didnĀ“t help

here is a screen

It will be great if you can help me

i got the same problem what to do?

my computer spec

CPU: AMD Brisbane X2 4200+ @ 2.75Ghz
Memory: OCZ2910002G @ 1000mhz 4GB
GPU: Asus ATI Radeon 4870 512Mb
Thanks for this Guide. I've managed to get it working fairly well. It still runs slow on my aging CPU, but it's definitely a start.

I own both the PAL and NTSC version of GT4, and have tried both with varying configurations. Something I noticed between the two, is that the PAL version runs about twice as fast (30-50FPS) of the NTSC version (15-25 without 480p). I don't really understand why there would be such a difference in FPS, even with the same configuration, using the same circuit and same car to test with.

Selecting 480p does slow down the game even more and also makes it considerably darker.
Is it possible to turn off rearview mirror in game? I didn't find that option in the game. I think turning it off would give some more FPS, not much but 2-3 is also good.
I have some problems. I get this screen when i start the race:
[Image: gt4crash.jpg]

I'm using GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14, no vsync, D3D9, PS2.0, Bob tff.

My pc specs:
[email protected], Radeon4850 512MB, 4GB DDR2

Nevermind, got it, after i read previous posts Blush
...ppl, read posts before, there is a solution by setting Brightness in Video Options to 0 (instead of 3 by default)

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
(04-22-2009, 03:03 AM)Neo_McKane Wrote: I have some problems. I get this screen when i start the race:
[Image: gt4crash.jpg]

I'm using GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14, no vsync, D3D9, PS2.0, Bob tff.

My pc specs:
[email protected], Radeon4850 512MB, 4GB DDR2

Nevermind, got it, after i read previous posts Blush

Hi there GT4 fans Smile
Glad to see my topic is living, I checked all recent messages and a lot of people have this "SPS" problem I talked about in my OP. It's a technical term for the Spikey Polygon Syndrome, all the vertical garbage you have on your screen at the beginning of the races. That's why I updated my first post to explain it better.

@ Schizo : No it's not possible, and yes it alters the FPS with this view, that's why it's better playing with the other views.

@ Anach : Yes the 480p mode makes the game more demanding because it increases the rendering quality, it looks better but it will need more CPU power to render at full speed.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64