Gran Turismo 4 VRAM spikes
Hello,

Any scene transitions on this game (starting a race, coming into the pits, replays loading after a race etc.) cause my VRAM usage to completely spike to the maximum. My VRAM usage is usually below 1 GB whilst actually playing the game. However, when there's a scene transition my VRAM usage spikes to 4 GB, then the game plays extremely slowly until the next scene loads and until my VRAM usage decreases.

I play the game on 3x native, but surely that's fine for a 4 GB card (GTX 1050 Ti)? Especially when it stopped doing it for a while, but it's now doing it again. I really don't want to play on 2x native, as this makes the game look like crap.

I've posted some screenshots of my Afterburner usages after it happens, and also of my GSDX setup.

Can someone give me info on how to stop this from happening, or just stop it from being as severe?
Thanks all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try this PR build out , it should be merged pretty soon.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/gregory3.../artifacts
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(04-21-2017, 09:27 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Try this PR build out , it should be merged pretty soon.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/gregory3.../artifacts

Unfortunately it makes no difference. My VRAM usages still spike to maximum.

Thanks for the suggestion though mate.
Can you set your brightness to 1 ? See if that works.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
Which hardware hacks did you enable?
(04-21-2017, 09:49 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Which hardware hacks did you enable?

These are what I enabled.

(04-21-2017, 09:44 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you set your brightness to 1 ? See if that works.

Set brightness to 1 in Gran Turismo itself?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This thread can now be closed, mods.

I fixed this by using a custom resolution instead of 3x native. VRAM usages don't spike now, but the game still looks the same as it does on 3x native.
(In fact, higher resolutions than 3x native can be achieved without a VRAM spike).