Gran Turismo 4 configuration guide+shader!!! Best looking Gran Turismo 4 ever! 2013
(03-23-2014, 01:03 AM)BeefEatingRobot Wrote: It keeps crashing when I try to play.
ini files
https://www.mediafire.com/?tze7hvedf72ij4r

What are your system specs?
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Sponsored links

(03-25-2014, 06:23 AM)deadlyjoaquin Wrote: What are your system specs?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

With those specs you should be able to play the game at good speeds. Double check your setting as you might have missed something. Also try running the game at default setting and see it runs better.

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I have put the shader.fx file into the pcsx2 folder and when I try it with PageUp in the game nothing happens. It stays the same. Don't know why it's not working
On newer revisions you use the Home key instead to turn on the shader.

Thanks deadlyjoaquin. This shader is the best way to play GT4. The only problem i see is that the color of the cars are more lighter.
Example: the viper in red look pink. Is strange the colors of the cars not look 100% acurate because all the other thing look great.
Hope this help you to make this shader perfect.
first of all the game does not work well ... I'd say 70%.
I appreciate all you do.
But the game slows down in some corners license (lap guide) and graphics bugged in some respects, and too much trouble to have to go changing the type of emulation.
I think they should put these errors ...
my system:
x8 amd 8350
gtx 660 ti
8gb ...

Again supporting cast of pcsx2 but in 10 years could do much to emulate, dolphin think is better and started later,

My trouble is that they are not sincere with emulation,
a PC to emulate PS2 games enough with 1gb ram, dual core, and a video DX9 ...

grettings
(01-18-2015, 04:17 AM)totto210 Wrote: Again supporting cast of pcsx2 but in 10 years could do much to emulate, dolphin think is better and started later,

My trouble is that they are not sincere with emulation,
a PC to emulate PS2 games enough with 1gb ram, dual core, and a video DX9 ...

grettings

These type of discussions have already taken place before. Search the forum for answers.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
The "new" shader is way to bright and saturated for me. Is there anywhere I can find the "old" shader? Smile
Hey thanks a lot for this guide. It helped me wonderfully and I'm now running in widescreen 1080 and everything is running well.

My only question though is where is your updated shader? I downloaded the file in the post and put it in like you said, but when the game runs it it is still the really dark version in the prior screenshots, not the brighter more vibrant like in the updated shader. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot regardless you made me a happy guy.

Edit: I am a retard. I was pressing the PG UP key still to try and turn the shader on until I read your comment, so I just figured that I was running it since things were dark. Pressing the home key does indeed turn the shader on, however, everything is still kind of dark once you get into a race, and any of the brightness or contrast options in game just make the screen go completely bonkers. Like it displays absolutely nothing if they're not set to 0. Switching to software mode makes everything display nice and bright, but for some reason hardware mode is still making everything kinda dark.