Gran Turismo 4 configuration guide+shader!!! Best looking Gran Turismo 4 ever! 2013
What Renderer are you using? If you're using OpenGL, you need to set Blending Accuracy to at least "Basic"

Sponsored links

Thank you for this post. It gave me good insight into all the settings and encouraged me to tweak them myself. I have changed a few settings.

Your tutorial is not up to date anymore. Simply pasting the shader.fx next to the .exe file does not work. You need to put the shader.fx file in the "Shaders" folder and go to Config - Video (GS) - Plugin Settings - Click on Shader Configuration "Configure" and Enable External Shader. Change the "GSdx.fx" to "shader.fx" or whatever you called it (.ini file remains unchanged). You can also Enable Shade Boost and tweak the settings if you find it too dark or to bright. I adjusted the saturation to 45.
Press OK.

Back into the GSdx settings.
- Set Interlacing to BOB TFF. This will make the game a lot less fuzzy in animations and general gameplay.
- Put Mipmapping to half or full. Some fences will look a bit better.
- For the best image quality, I recommend putting the resolution to 3840x2160 (4K UHD). Only do this if you have a good GPU (I have a GTX970). Dont put it to 8K UHD, it is extremely laggy and difficult to change back!
EDIT: The 4K UHD was beautiful and fine in licenses tests but doing normal races, it creates horrible temporary low fps (10fps) at the beginning of a race or replay. I recommend 1080p max or 4K if you do the licenses.

Emulation Settings
- Put Clamping Mode on "Extra + Preserve Sign" instead of "Full". Full in the current version of PCSX2 will freeze at certain license tests in GT4.

Config - Video (GS) - Window Settings
- Change Aspect Ratio to 16:9. Also tick "Default to fullscreen mode on open" if you'd like.

Also the Page Up key does not seem to do what you claim. PageUp toggles FXAA which doesnt change anything to the shader. HOME toggles External Post Processing, which might be the shader I think.

If you are using a DUALSHOCK 4 together with Input Mapper (https://inputmapper.com), I recommend going to Config - Controllers (PAD) - Plugin Settings, click on the tab PAD 1 and change the following:
- Click on L-Stick Right in the list. Set the Dead Zone to 0 and change the sensitivity to 0.705. Do the same for L-Stick Left/Up/Down.
- If you want to use the triggers as gas and brake: Click on L2 in the list and change sensitivity to 0.329 exactly. Change the sensitivity of R2 to 0.176 exactly. This will make it so that you can press the trigger lightly to give a bit of gas. I tested and fine tuned these settings on my controller and imagine they would be the same for your DS4.

Enjoy Smile
Attention: If you stumble upon this old thread, there is a new guide for configuring GT4 on new versions of PCSX2. This guide is now obsolete.

New guide: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-New-Gran-...hader-2017
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
PLS HELPPP EVERYTHING IS GOOD BUT WHEN I PICK CAR ITS LAG TOO MUCH EVEN THE GAMEPLAY IS GOOD