Gran Turismo 4 configuration guide+shader!!! Best looking Gran Turismo 4 ever! 2013
(04-15-2013, 08:18 AM)nabee Wrote: Great thread.

I've recently started GT4 again since I've upgraded my whole system.

now it looks amazing with 3x scale.

I will definitely try it give you an update.

thanks!

Please give some rep+ and 5 star if you found it useful.
New Gran Turismo 4 Config+Shader 2017

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Sponsored links

I've tried it and for me it didn't work so well. The image did look little bit better, but it kept on crashing Sad

I guess ill stick with 1080p without shader for now.

thanks!
(04-19-2013, 07:48 PM)nabee Wrote: I've tried it and for me it didn't work so well. The image did look little bit better, but it kept on crashing Sad

I guess ill stick with 1080p without shader for now.

thanks!

You might have missed a setting or something. Tell me your settings. Maybe I can help you.

Intel Core i5 OCed @ 4.00 Ghz - GeForce GTX 970 - 16 GB RAM Crucial Ballistic Sport PC3-16000 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I recommend this plugin http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...#pid289206 with this config

[Image: 83872c250287840.jpg]

gives better picture for me then your plugin http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...dx?page=27

eventually contrast can be set to 40 and brightness to 160 depending from the monitor brightness.

Values higher then 100 can be set from GSdx.ini file in \pcsx2-5620-windows-x86\inis folder.

Quote:ShadeBoost_Contrast=40
ShadeBoost_Brightness=135
ShadeBoost_Saturation=65
Adapter=default
fxaa=1

also fxaa=1 is good to be set to 1, that way plugin will be automatically enabled when start game, no need to press PGUP every time.
(04-22-2013, 10:02 AM)mroussev Wrote: I recommend this plugin http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...#pid289206 with this config

[Image: 83872c250287840.jpg]

gives better picture for me then your plugin http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Custom-Sh...dx?page=27

eventually contrast can be set to 40 and brightness to 160 depending from the monitor brightness.

Values higher then 100 can be set from GSdx.ini file in \pcsx2-5620-windows-x86\inis folder.

also fxaa=1 is good to be set to 1, that way plugin will be automatically enabled when start game, no need to press PGUP every time.

I went ahead and tried out your plugin settings to see if this was actually better. Unfortunately I found that your settings are not the most accurate. I did my homework before I decided to post my settings. I will follow with a post on how I came up with my settings.

When creating my Shader, the first thing I made sure about was calibrating my monitor. You have to make sure that your monitor is calibrated properly in order to get the most accurate image for anything you look at on your screen. After I was sure about this I then moved on to create the Shader. In order to do this correctly I had to choose a good location within GT4 in order to do comparison images and come up with the most accurate contrast, gamma, sharpness, and brightness settings. I chose El Capitan track for its high usage of color and contrasting setting.

The following is a set of images taken in a particular spot on the map. I chose this location to mostly concentrate on giving the game the best contrast. I am also providing an image with mroussev's setting recommendations.

------Shader off------
[Image: 2my7rif.jpg]
------GT4LifeLikeShaderP480p------
[Image: 2me6b9z.jpg]
------mroussev's recommended settings-----
[Image: 34q606s.jpg]

If you pay close attention to the images you will notice that mroussev's setting has too much brightness, and contrast is not optimal. Also, pay close attention to the mountain's level of detail and shadow cast. And last but not least, look at the middle bottom part where there's a few patches of grass. You will notice that there is much more sharpness and detail on my shader than on mrouseev's.

In order to come up with the best brightness for the game, I used another part of El Capitan's track and used the same process to come up with the best brightness and also gamma gain for the game. I will also provide an extra image for mroussev's settings for you to review.

-----Shader Off-----
[Image: 33zcos0.jpg]

------GT4LifeLikeShaderP480p------
[Image: 9fmwl4.jpg]

------mroussev's recommended settings-----
[Image: oavxhv.jpg]

When using this part of the game to optimize my setting I first concentrated on the sun's brightness and how it affects the clouds' contrast and bloom. If you pay close attention to this, you will notice that bloom and brightness do not deminish the detail on the clouds, whereas on mroussev's settings the detail is completely lost due to high brightness setting. Also, look at the treeline on the back and to the left of the picture. You will also notice better contrast and fidelity overall. And if you look at the pavement and the racetrack edge you will see an overall better fidelity and more realistic surface.

As you can see I did look at all level of detail to get the most accurate image for the game. I love GT4 and I want to make the best of it when I am playing it.

Nice!
@deadlyjoaquin what can i say.... I like the shader that i suggest, more. Tried on two completely different monitors- CRT and new IPS lcd and i dont like it on both. I mean it is not bad at all, but i prefer "my" more. Your shader is very dark by default and with high contrast. I always use monitors to be dark and with contrast almost to the max. So to use your shader on my monitor settings i must use brightness from gsdx set to 150 or simular and even with that i dont like the overall look. My opinion of course, i just wanted to share other alternative and people have choices Smile
Is hard to judge something so highly subjective like this, not only subjective as probably depending on the machine/monitor as well.

what is seen as wonderful to someone may not be that much to another, in some cases one could even say that wonderful looked only silly to him/her (not saying about this or any other specific case, that's a general concept).

Well, what I mean is even when the subjective factor is left aside still there is the possibility a certain set that looks good on certain driver/monitor combination may not be the best for another. Still, the setting may be used as starting point, what is objective, and tweaked to satisfy personal taste (the subjective part).
Imagination is where we are truly real