Gran Turismo 4 crash in OpenGL Mode.
(04-25-2016, 08:21 AM)willkuer Wrote: Which custom resolution did you use?

The most obvious explanation would be that some effects are not properly emulated using custom resolution but I don't know.

Have you tried ogl with higher crc level (as full or aggressive)

Custom resolution 2240x1568 which 3.5x native. Only tested partial OpenGL CRC.

(04-25-2016, 08:51 AM)Ogregory Wrote: Custom resolution reduce the size of the buffer so it requires less memory. But game might draw outside of it.

That explained smaller VRAM usage.

Sponsored links

I think it'd be ideal to just use the old buffer size scaling for scaled resolutions and have an additional option for utilizing bigger buffer sizes when necessary ( I think only FMV's draw outside of the older buffer size code ).

This additional memory overhead for rendering FMV'S on upscaled resolutions seem to be too much IMHO. I'd rather just vote to have an extra combobox option which explicitly states that " higher level values at this combobox will perform accurate emulation on upscaled resolution in cost of performance" and add the new buffer size detection code to one of those levels.  This seems much more efficient.
Ah no.

The ideal solution will be to use a single framebuffer when one is required and not 50. First it will fix the rendering, and then it would cut down memory requirement.
(04-25-2016, 08:21 AM)willkuer Wrote: Which custom resolution did you use?

The most obvious explanation would be that some effects are not properly emulated using custom resolution but I don't know.

Have you tried ogl with higher crc level (as full or aggressive)
 Tried all possible CRC but pcsx2 still crash in OpenGL. Only custom resolution fixed the issue.
The Vram spikes are also present on DX11 and 9 hardware mode. The vram spikes up before the race begins or when replaying a race when the camera view changes in both cases. At the same time when the spike happens the display looks glitchy.

[Image: oUE5ykN.jpg] [Image: 6v4CYr5.jpg]

Changing resolution doesn't make a difference in my case. Setting it on native the vram still spikes up to max.
MGS3 creates 70 framebuffer to emulate an effect. At native it is close of 400MB. I think GT4 has potentially a higher resolutions, so it likely creates more frame buffers for the same effects. I called this effect the top left corner bug. Strangely you can see a rectangle in your screenshot. So it is likely the same issue. If I can fix it, it would solve various issues
On my 1GB GTX 750, I run 3x native without a problem.

I used to use 4x native, but when I found out it was the reason why VM was spiking so bad(causing horrible stutter and sometimes crashes) I switched to 3x Smile
(04-27-2016, 01:42 AM)CK1 Wrote: On my 1GB GTX 750, I run 3x native without a problem.

I used to use 4x native, but when I found out it was the reason why VM was spiking so bad(causing horrible stutter and sometimes crashes) I switched to 3x Smile

DirectX or OpenGL ?
I think it depends on CRC level too. If you skip the bad draw call, the frame buffer won't be allocated.
Anyway, I'm currently searching some solution to emulate the left-corner post-processing effect properly (except if the game uses another post-processing effect). It would normally fix the rendering and the RAM/VRAM spike on various games. But you need to be patient, it isn't an easy task.