Gran Turismo 4 double layer bug
Hey guys,

I tried to play Gran Turismo 4 PAL version on PCSX2, as I did some years ago. The problem is: After starting the game, the game "crashes"/results in a black screen right after the copyright screen. The wiki and the forum says it is a problem with the double-layer DVD, and the bug should be fixed, but it is still existent for me,  on PCSX2 version 1.6, as well as the newest version I downloaded today. So, what to do now? Changing and playing around with the settings didn't help, it always stays the same and Patches don't see, to be easy to find. Are there any settings I should change, or what else can I do?

Best Regards

Sponsored links

Revert settings to default
Then check your dump using the internal checker on nightly
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hey, thanks for the fast response. I resetted all settings to default, but I might be blind, but I can't find the internal checker. Where do I find it?
right click it, open the properties and you can see on the first screen, a verification button on the right hand side, down towards the middle
Ok thanks, I found it.

It worked, and now it says "#1 Start 0 Sectors 1622400 Size 3322675200 MD5 f8eac8ad70464f1acc52ebe25eff4857 and Status X", The MD5 and Status entry are in a red color. Does this mean, the game itself is damaged?
Yep.
Use imgburn to redump it
Thank you, I tried to get it again from the DVD and the new file is larger, shows green when checking and is working as intended. Thank you very much for your help and support!