Gran Turismo 4 framerate problem
I've run GT4 at full speed on my cpu that gets 1951 for it's single thread
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

OK so setting the affinity with the task manager to the cores #0 and #1 uses only the #0, and the game has almost no FPS (5-10). It does the same thing when I use core 0 & 2 and core 0 & 3. The only way to make PCSX2 use two cores is to set the affinity to core #0 and #4. Using this setting allow PCSX2 to get the "max speed" (45 FPS) as the speed increase when using all cores is +1 or +2 FPS.
When I set the affinity to all cores, it stops using the core #5 and #8 but it uses all others.

During this test, I noticed something interesting...

[Image: UQIxPpi.png]

It alternates core usage. And I don't know why. But if it can helps...
[Image: fd18dd7b4511a368bdd432e6bc449f84.jpg]
Ya it looks like it's splitting the load and one hand waiting on the other. ... basically what I said before.
wow are you saying that one core is waiting for the other to finish in this case ? Then... I should have 0.01 FPS ?

Uploading later... Freaking 450Mb video...
Yes I just did some quick calculation and yes .01 fps seems about right..... so I guess it's clear now, we clearly have a miscommunication somewhere. So good luck dude. Enjoy your slideshow.
Yeah... euuuuh... thank you...
Video will be uploading during this night.

Here is the link for it when it will be uploaded

Yeah, I know, I drive like an ass ^^ I was keeping an eye on graphs
In my opinion, the most interesting part is at 9m02s where you can see me tweaking speedhacks directly where the bug is. As you can see, components are not fully used (both PCSX2 and PC sides)
(08-22-2014, 01:08 PM)willkuer Wrote: What happens if you set skipdraw: 1-10 in gsdx hw hacks?

That game is not only cpu demanding.... but gpu demanding as well. If there is something misconfigured or in power saving you can get the same problems.
On the video I don't show much of these bugs but as you can see the game start lagging and no components are fully used.
(08-26-2014, 03:09 AM)PlaysGames11 Wrote: On the video I don't show much of these bugs but as you can see the game start lagging and no components are fully used.

I think your just splitting hairs. Frankly I'm jealous bc my frame rate issue is 10x worse than anything I saw in that video. I really don't even know what your issue was from watching that. Ya I saw your frames dip here and there but seemed like game play remained smooth. My frame rate drop and it's like the whole think freezes for a second