Gran Turismo 4 is choppy/won't work.
Hey guys. My Ps2 broke yesterday, and I was pretty annoyed because I had just got Gran Turismo 4. The power LED was flashing green/red. I Googled it and didn't find much so figured I would just emulate it.

I got the BIOS online, and downloaded PCSX2, then installed DirectX. When trying to play GT4, the legal screen shows up fine running at 60fps+, then the next screen is really choppy, running at things under 10fps, and it doesn't get any better from there. I spent hours playing with settings and couldn't find a way to make it work.

My specs are:
Vista Ultimate x64
Core 2 Quad 6600
4GB RAM
Asus P5E deluxe mobo
Asus 9800GT (great card, should not be going anywhere near 10fps lol, support Pixel Shader 4.0, and DirectX 10.)
Using the USA V1.60 BIOS

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? I tried playing with all the video/DVD drive settings which had improvements, but still very little effect.

Sponsored links

Pcsx2 is much more about CPU power than GPU power and it only use 2 cores at the moment, so your 9800GT won't do much of a difference here. You could try using the latest GSdx svn with software rendering and put it to work with 2 or 3 threads and see if it helps. Btw, downloading bios is illegal.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

(03-09-2009, 10:38 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Pcsx2 is much more about CPU power than GPU power and it only use 2 cores at the moment. You could try using the latest GSdx svn with software rendering and put it to work with 2 or 3 threads and see if it helps. Btw, downloading bios is illegal.
Uh dude, I know it runs off 2 cores and all, but it only uses like 10-15% of my CPU. And I'm aware it's illegal. But when your PS2 is broken, what else do you do? Just like downloading games you already have to preserve the disc. Will try your suggestion though.
(03-09-2009, 10:30 AM)Mind_Reader7 Wrote: I got the BIOS online, and downloaded PCSX2, then installed DirectX.

Closed and warned. No piracy here