Gran Turismo 4 regression
Please try build 588 and 589. Just to make sure.

Sponsored links

A gs dump will be nice. So the reverted commit restores only the wrong map.
Here is a GS dump with both issues.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0...sp=sharing
I guess you generate the dump on the HW renderer. I have the timer bug in the SW render too. So it is likely a depth read issue.

Edit: however I don't see any read on the dump Sad
Yes, I generate it in HW mode.
So when I  boot the game only in SW mode, it's fine. It could be reproduced in SW mode as well, but only after it was triggered in HW mode, then you switch to SW mode. It needs testing...

Edit: New screenshot of results screen. It  looks fine before start of the race. (HW mode)
And one very special screenshot. Only specific method can reproduce it. Do you want to know?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You need to create the GS dumps in software mode, sometimes HW mode can mess up the dump so the bug then looks "correct"
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-29-2016, 11:27 AM)refraction Wrote: You need to create the GS dumps in software mode, sometimes HW mode can mess up the dump so the bug then looks "correct"

So wait, you guys told me to write this(and make it very noticeable) in my guide:

Quote:Fourth: Anything else?
It's important to note that the dump is independent of your GSdx settings. Since the dump is actually the output of core itself, it doesn't matter if you have 3x scaling, native, software mode, anisotropic filtering or all that. The dump will be the same because it is generated before any of that comes in to play. So one GS dump is fine regardless.

So it DOES matter in some cases? At least with HW vs SW mode?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
A GS dump won't help in this case. The issue is created when a race is loaded, so switching between SW and HW modes on track won't make a difference. That also means the issue will either always be active on the dump or never depending on whether you loaded the race in SW or HW mode.
Okay, new dumps were made in SW mode. 
Steps to reproduce:
1)start game in HW mode, enter the race
2)switch to SW mode ang get to timer - now it is incorrect
4)finish the race to see the incorrect results screen 

GS dumps

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@blyss
Quote: So it DOES matter in some cases? At least with HW vs SW mode?
Long story short, it is very complicated Smile So it doesn't matter except when it does Smile