Gran Turismo 4 stop working and my pc doesnt like him
Hi all !
I got strange big problem, i trying to playing GT4 at start everything was allright i do like 6 races but now when i start a race the game freeze and my PC too, i can't do anything, my pc stop responding and i need to wait like 2-3min to do something to try closing pcsx2 and get everything normal.
I don't understand because all was alright at start, i dont use shaders, i'm with 1.4 and this is my config:
i7 2600k OC 4,4Ghz
R9 290 OC 1050/1300
8Go RAM PC3 12800
On W10

I use Clamping mode on full and extra, EE on 0 and MTVU activated
D3D11, 8bits textures, 4x native, no HW hacks and i use shade boost

What do you thinks ?

Thanks !

Sponsored links

(04-09-2016, 01:05 AM)MisterGordon Wrote: Hi all !
I got strange big problem, i trying to playing GT4 at start everything was allright i do like 6 races but now when i start a race the game freeze and my PC too, i can't do anything, my pc stop responding and i need to wait like 2-3min to do something to try closing pcsx2 and get everything normal.
I don't understand because all was alright at start, i dont use shaders, i'm with 1.4 and this is my config:
i7 2600k OC 4,4Ghz
R9 290 OC 1050/1300
8Go RAM PC3 12800
On W10

I use Clamping mode on full and extra, EE on 0 and MTVU activated
D3D11, 8bits textures, 4x native, no HW hacks and i use shade boost

What do you thinks ?

Thanks !

I was playing GT4 yesterday. Did you try using the disk to see if your .iso is defective?

Try disabling all your speedhacks and see if it still crashes
CPU instability possibly?

Try lowering your OC to see if it continues happening. (Or better yet, run it at stock speeds to be entirely sure).

Check temperatures as well.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
When i use the CD the game doesnt work very well, sometimes he doesnt boot at all, sometimes sounds is laggy.
Disable all speed all or just set to defaut setting ? I only change MTVU in speed hacks.

For my CPU i can try yes but it's strange some months ago he was 4,5Ghz and i got problem so i set to 4,4Ghz and do some loooooooooooong burn/stress test with no problems so very strange if pcsx2 push it too much :o
Temps are all good

I forget but i have the PAL version
(04-09-2016, 01:28 AM)MisterGordon Wrote: When i use the CD the game doesnt work very well, sometimes he doesnt boot at all, sometimes sounds is laggy.
Disable all speed all or just set to defaut setting ? I only change MTVU in speed hacks.

For my CPU i can try yes but it's strange some months ago he was 4,5Ghz and i got problem so i set to 4,4Ghz and do some loooooooooooong burn/stress test with no problems so very strange if pcsx2 push it too much :o
Temps are all good

I forget but i have the PAL version

Try disabling all of the speedhacks. What are your temps under load?
I try with disable all speedhack and nothing change
At this exact moment CPU was 45°c and GPU 40°C

The game freeze while a black screen loading but just before succes to kill process of pcsx2 to get all back normal, i got this:
[Image: 1460159355-sans-titre.jpg]
change your clamping back to normal.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Change nothing Sad
Native x4 will murder your PC and send the remains to intel with GT4. Put it back to native, use 2x tops.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I've used x4 native with GT4 without issue. I've had GT4 crash with OpenGL when starting a race when CPU & memory usage spike. PC hasn't ever frozen at the same time though, and I don't remember it crashing with D3D11 either.