Grand Theft Auto Vice City working
Wonder if there's some sio issue or general iop problem...
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(05-10-2011, 01:34 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Actually it's a bit more complicated than that...

I tried this last night and found it's a bit random...
It needs "EE Timing Hack" or it'll take a long while to enter (or won't enter at all maybe), in fact if you edit the ecycles for EETimingHack to something bigger (28 instead of 8 is what I tried Tongue2) it may take just a few seconds to enter, also likes "EE cycle rate x2" speedhack. Even with that it may not boot at all but it's like a 25% chance it does and only when the loading screen starts with the white guy (forgot his name) and still does a few loops before it continues when it shouldn't...

I have to disagree. I, too, thought it was random and wacky, but I feel it's painfully obvious to me after testing it so many times now.

First off, the loading screen is not racist (Tongue). The game will load regardless of whether Ken (the white guy) or Lance (the black guy) is on the initial loading screen.

Also, I gave the EE timing hack a try. It seems to be responsible for the game not loading sometimes. Without it, the game has loaded everytime (again, in about 4 mins or less @ 240fps). When I use the EE timing hack, most times I have waited for over 10 mins only to get nowhere. After that extended period of waiting, whenever I'd disable the EE timing hack, the game loaded soon after... (I've experienced this a few times now)

Using the EE Cyclerate merely sped things up at about the rate it increased the FPS (nothing too drastic).

EDIT: Ok, it has stopped being 100% consistant. After 8 consecutive loads, it did refuse to load once now (with Ken on the screen). Still better than 25% in my experience by far...