Grandia 2 battlefield glitch
Some of Grandia IIs spell animations are MPEG2 FMV, so that would explain the lines. Those SHOULD be fixed in software though.

By the way, you could try ZeroGS or ZZOgl, just to see.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(02-05-2014, 05:14 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Some of Grandia IIs spell animations are MPEG2 FMV, so that would explain the lines. Those SHOULD be fixed in software though.

By the way, you could try ZeroGS or ZZOgl, just to see.

So that's the codec it uses, huh. I know software fixes many anomalies, but it just looks horrible to me, filtered upscaled graphics spoiled me Laugh I remember FFX having those issues as well, and then seeing them go away in HW mode on version PCSX2 1.0.0

Slightly off topic, but still relevant. There were times when I saw these lines, and other times I haven't when using Hardware Mode:
[Image: Dg4AJ8B.jpg]

As for the spell animations, the non-FMV ones, half the floor would turn white for example. Are these resolvable in HW mode at all?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
There is a gamefix you might find useful, though i dont know how well it would work with Granda II mix of FMV and polygon. Config->Emulation settings. On the gamefixes tab, enable manual gamefixes. Towards the bottom is "Switch to GSdx software rendering when FMV plays."

Might try that.

As for the floor issues, I dunno.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I remember reading a month back when I wanted to buy Grandia II after playing Grandia III, someone did have a "fix" for the floors, but he never released how he did it, and it was done with debugging tools, it was never implemented as a hack for the game because the way he fixed it could break the game in more ways (I think that's how refract phrased it). I tried looking for that thread, but I can't find it, sorry.

To be honest, I've read about the port for Grandia II on the PS2, it's full of weird bugs and issues. Best way to play it is software mode or plough through the hardware issues. There is always the PC version, but good luck finding a copy to buy or the original Dreamcast version.
The PS2 version has a ton of glitches on the PS2 as well. They used to have the PC version on GameTap but that was a long time ago.
(02-05-2014, 05:32 AM)Bigbenn01 Wrote: I remember reading a month back when I wanted to buy Grandia II after playing Grandia III, someone did have a "fix" for the floors, but he never released how he did it, and it was done with debugging tools, it was never implemented as a hack for the game because the way he fixed it could break the game in more ways (I think that's how refract phrased it). I tried looking for that thread, but I can't find it, sorry.

To be honest, I've read about the port for Grandia II on the PS2, it's full of weird bugs and issues. Best way to play it is software mode or plough through the hardware issues. There is always the PC version, but good luck finding a copy to buy or the original Dreamcast version.

Dang, that sucks, maybe there will be a fix one of these days, just though I'd ask about it Biggrin As far as ports go, the PC port is actually the worst version. I had the misfortune of running that on XP. The spell animations would only show half the frames, the audio quality was reduced to 22 KHz so the music and voices were bad (I looked at the files in Windows Media Player), oh and here's the kicker; when you fought the last boss, the game would lock up, so it was impossible to beat the game Laugh I never want to use that crappy PC port again Laugh

The PS2 port is actually a lot better the PC version, but the Dreamcast version is the best Laugh

(02-05-2014, 05:36 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The PS2 version has a ton of glitches on the PS2 as well. They used to have the PC version on GameTap but that was a long time ago.

Trust me, the PS2 port is superior to the PC game in every way, graphics, audio and spell animations, but DC version is the best one.

(02-05-2014, 05:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: There is a gamefix you might find useful, though i dont know how well it would work with Granda II mix of FMV and polygon. Config->Emulation settings. On the gamefixes tab, enable manual gamefixes. Towards the bottom is "Switch to GSdx software rendering when FMV plays."

Might try that.

As for the floor issues, I dunno.

Huh, I did not know about that game fix. There is a slight issue though, I don't see that game hack fix at all in PCSX2 1.2.0, the bottom one only says "Disable CRCs" and "NVIDIA hack" no FMV hacks are on the settings window for GSdx.

I see Alpha, Half-pixel Offset, Sprite, WildArmsOffset, Aggressive-CRC, Alpha Stencil, NVIDIA Hack and Disable CRCS. Nothing at all with FMVs. Maybe you're referring to a debug build....?
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio