Grandia 3 missing battle transition effects
I noticed that the battle transition fade-in screens were not emulated correctly. It should fade to black, then to the battle, but in PCSX2 1.2.0 (64-bit build, vanilla), the screen itself goes blurry, much like when you enter the menu.

Think of it as more of a motion blur effect, framebuffer effect. In fact, I don't know if GSdx plugins ever emulated the effect properly.

This is how the effect should look, as captured on PS2 hardware:
------------------------------------------------------

[Image: h1BV7i2.jpg]
[Image: cLFqpvu.jpg]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsTi5tZ3-8s
Battle blur transition seen at the 36 second mark

This is how the effect looks like on PCSX2 1.2.0/1.2.1:
-----------------------------------------------------
When you hear the *whoosh* sound (and the fade out) the screen turns kinda blurry, but nowhere near as how it should look on PCSX2. I seem to recall earlier versions getting this effect right, but I could be wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnb9xR-y...e=youtu.be

Emulator settings:

[Image: x6agJ22.jpg]
[Image: cxeiJn0.jpg]

Using PCSX2 1.2.0
Specs in signature.

Addendum: Based off what was tested in software mode, the issue has been pinpointed to the hardware rendering on the GPU plugin as posted here (where I erroneously posted a thread in for some reason, sorry about that). http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Grandia-3...#pid388018

Not sure why I didn't post here first, maybe I thought it was a big waste of time to report something so trivial and unimportant so I didn't feel it would be right, I don't know. Still, I felt the need to bring this to your guys' attention.

Edit: And yeah, software mode works fine with these effects and looking at native res makes my eyes bleed
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

tried software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-19-2014, 09:24 AM)jesalvein Wrote: tried software mode ?

Ye, I did state that in the OP Biggrin Hardware rendering is the culprit, so it's plugin-related. How easy it is to fix is hard to say. I hope that I don't have to use software mode all the time, seeing as it's quite CPU intensive and doesn't run full speed for me, so I wouldn't really be able to enjoy gaming.

Edit: Maybe just me, but somehow I knew this'd be a waste of their time to make this trivial "report".
Custom Desktop
ok.
moved out of bug reports since it's not a valid one, then.
moved to plugins discussion.
(07-19-2014, 09:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ok.
moved out of bug reports since it's not a valid one, then.
moved to plugins discussion.

Yep...I certainly screwed that "report" up all right...Sad

I don't have high hopes of this ever being looked into, given all the reports that are made and what little free time they have to look at them, much less bug test. Anyways, I doubt this will or can be looked into, hell, I don't even know what else I can do. I'd an inkling that the issue would be trivial. I thought it was something I could report, but, turns out, the issue is plugin related, that's all well and good, but where does that leave us, or the issue?

Once again, I'm not as hopeful as I should be about the plugin issue.
Custom Desktop
this is the bug ! but you need to made a proper bug report for their solution! :-)
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(07-19-2014, 09:50 AM)Brock lessner Wrote: this is the bug ! but you need to made a proper bug report for their solution! :-)

Please check post # 4 in this thread, above you, it was in the bug reports, but moved by a moderator, so it has to go here.

I did make a bug report, jesalvein moved if from there to here since it's a plugin issue and not a bug with the emulator. I sure as hell aren't gonna make a third attempt at reporting this bug. He said "ok.
moved out of bug reports since it's not a valid one", then moved to plugins discussion. There's no hope that this will even be looked at by any of the developers, at all, since it'll end up like most other threads in this section, long forgotten and buried by other more important (non-trivial) issues.

I don't even know why I bothered to report this issue at all, it was vain. People can call me negative, I don't care, because it's true. The only reason I can think it was moved was so other issues will take precedence while this one disappears into the forum depths, into oblivion. Now I remember why I don't make reports on anything for PCSX2 anymore, it doesn't do any good for the emulator or for the developers as it feels like I'm doing nothing buy wasting their time. I want this issue to be looked into at some point in time, whenever they can, but yeah.... Made a bug report, mod moved it to plugin section instead.
Custom Desktop
read the stikies next time. : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting

BTW, I posted a link to your thread in gsdx thread. what you could do is providing a block dump in your thread. If a dev has a look at the issue, He'll have the right elements to begin with.
(07-19-2014, 10:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: read the stikies next time. : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting

BTW, I posted a link to your thread in gsdx thread. what you could do is providing a block dump in your thread. If a dev has a look at the issue, He'll have the right elements to begin with.

Yeah, I feel bad for making that egregious mistake, I should have been more careful. With that said, what do you mean by block dump, like, as a in a log or something? No idea on how to do that to be honest. How do I make one? Ugh, once again I apologize...
Custom Desktop