Grandia III (3) reduce drawing distance
Ok I know this problem has been posted before and I have read them all however I am just wondering with all the setting if I am missing the ability to reduce the drawing distance as at the minute I am purposefully swivelling the camera around so I am not getting the 15-20 FPS when its under stress.

I am using a laptop (as my PC has AMD and performs badly with pcsx2)

Intel core2duo T5750 2ghz
8400M GS
3GB Ram
Win 7 32 bit

Speed fine otherwise just is a tad annoying and I have found using directx10 (hardware) in the video settings runs better for me.

Sponsored links

DX10 will always be faster
Nope, no such settings exist. In emulation you cannot do the typical "PC game" tricks for speedups.
We have no concept of drawing distance in PCSX2. All we know is that the game wants to do x-many
operations per frame, and that we need to do them all to make the game work.

To get to your particular case:
Your graphic card is a serious bottle neck, slowing down emulation a lot.
Even with a better card, next thing would be the CPU which isn't the best either.
This notebook won't play Grandia3 fast.
Can you detail what your AMD based PC has? Chances are it's actually better suited or
can be upgraded enough to allow nice gameplay.
try these setting in gsdx.ini:
Code:
[Settings]
ModeWidth=0
ModeHeight=0
ModeRefreshRate=0
Renderer=3
PixelShaderVersion2=-64768
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=0
filter=2
vsync=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
blur=0
resx=384
resy=384
swthreads=2
nativeres=0

This will speed it up some, but it won't look pretty, I had to do this with my 8400 GS on my desktop, I still have the 2.2ghz E2200 though

my original thread with these settings, from the 0.9.4 days but still just as relevant
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-MY-SETTINGS
VU Cycle stealing would help a little with your PC but not as much to reach full speed Smile
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]