Graphic Glitches on NVIDIA 8800GTS
Hi Everyone,

I'm running both Shadow of the Colossus and God of War 2 with my:
Intel Duo Core 6600 2.4 Ghz
NVIDIA 8800 GTS
2 Gb RAM

After tweaking for about a day I have SotC running pretty smooth at 1280x768. However in both GoW and Sotc I have the same graphic glitches whenever I try a higher res then native, being sort of a double vision and in the case of SOTC black horizontal bars whenever I turn left or right.

I've tried ev-ery-thing, turning off all the speedhacks, changing resolutions, turning off the CPU settings, running GSDX in DX9 and 10 mode (10 performs better, but with same problems) tried both Vista and XP (have a dual boot) tried official release and beta releases of both PCSX2 and GSDX etc.

The problem remains. It's even worse with GSDX10 (unplayable). Does anyone else have this issue? Otherwise I'm starting to question my Nvidia card itself Blink

[Image: sotc.jpg]

[Image: gowh.jpg]

Sponsored links

"whenever I try a higher res then native". Well, the game has problems with upscaling. It's unsolvable.
(05-16-2009, 10:47 PM)Cain Wrote: "whenever I try a higher res then native". Well, the game has problems with upscaling. It's unsolvable.

Explain this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgyXToPKnMA

Also, there are many posts here of ppl running both games in higher Res.
Maybe between your gpu and other gpu has some different from model, drivers vga, pcsx2 version (plugins and settings). Try to seek info about those.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(05-16-2009, 11:24 PM)shappy1010 Wrote:
(05-16-2009, 10:47 PM)Cain Wrote: "whenever I try a higher res then native". Well, the game has problems with upscaling. It's unsolvable.

Explain this:

What exactly is to explain?
The game has no problem with upscaling, since that video shows SotC in high res.

As I mentioned I tried an insane amount of different settings and options which greatly effect FPS but not the issue at hand.

Anyone with a 8800GTS here who can share some experience?
(05-17-2009, 07:17 PM)shappy1010 Wrote: The game has no problem with upscaling, since that video shows SotC in high res.

As I mentioned I tried an insane amount of different settings and options which greatly effect FPS but not the issue at hand.

Did you try PCSX2 0.9.5 and older GSDX?

I can't see how it can be a card's problem if a game runs fine on native.
(05-17-2009, 07:32 PM)Cain Wrote:
(05-17-2009, 07:17 PM)shappy1010 Wrote: The game has no problem with upscaling, since that video shows SotC in high res.

Did you try PCSX2 0.9.5 and older GSDX?

I can't see how it can be a card's problem if a game runs fine on native.

Version 0.9.5 is nowhere to be found, older links have all been removed it seems. I tried older GSDX versions, and the official and several Beta versions (running PCSX21190 W/ GSDX 1171 SSE3 now) I downloaded the lateste Directx (9.26.1590) and updated my NVIDIA drivers. The weird thing is that I have the exact same problems running w/DX9 under XP as DX10 under vista.

Explain this:

Look exactly at what the guy does in the game.
Hint: He changes the video output to progressive scan Tongue2

Also, SotC doesn't have many upscale issues.
Cain was referring to GoW.
(05-17-2009, 08:44 PM)rama Wrote:

Explain this:

Look exactly at what the guy does in the game.
Hint: He changes the video output to progressive scan Tongue2

Also, SotC doesn't have many upscale issues.
Cain was referring to GoW.

Yes progressive scan should be selected but only for fps purposes.