Graphic Texture problems
Hey gents, just signed up for the forum today after dumping my bios from my old ps2 rotting in my livingroom closet, because I found out about this program and wanted to check it out. It seems like it has good potential, but I am having a few issues that I need assistance with. If any of you could help I would greatly appreciate it. Smile

Ok, lets begin by introducing the issue. As i stated in the intro I am having graphical issues on several games. Some of the textures reproduce shadows in some of my games, other games dont even load most of the textures, etc. I recorded the window to show you what is going on. You can check that out here on my twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/unfathomablegaming/b/493183014

Now on to system specs. I know specs can be an issue, so to help you guys narrow down my issue with me I am going to provide my system specs. All of my current drivers are up to date and I have the following system specifications.

Cpu- AMD fx 8320 3.5ghz 8 core processor
Graphics- Nvidia gforce 650ti
Ram- 12 gigs 1600mhz ram ddr3
System type: windows professional 64 bit.

With the specs above I have had no issues running any other emulators including Dolphin, Virtual Boy, N64 emulator, Chankast, etc. So, with that being said is why I am having issues coming up with a solution to my graphical issues with PCSX2.

Lastly and finally I just wanted to state the few games that I am currently playing on my PCSX2 emulator are

Ratchet and clank: Up your Arsenal
and, Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.

If their is anymore details anyone needs to help me trouble shoot my issue please don't hesitate to tell me, and I will willingly get you the information ASAP. On that note I will conclude this thread, and thanks in advance to anyone who helps me troubleshoot my issue.

Sponsored links

you'll have to use software mode for R&C series.
rememebr to set extra software rendering threads to 5 or 6 and use some speedhacks.
Else, your CPU will have a hard time to get you full speed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Will test and get back to you Asap, do I have to use a lower direct x version then 11?
(01-06-2014, 08:48 PM)lilwaff1991 Wrote: Will test and get back to you Asap, do I have to use a lower direct x version then 11?
useless.
keep Dx11
Ok so I made that adjustment, and so far its getting a little better, only issue is now even with frame limiter on im reaching 80fps, and the game is faster then it should be. Also, is their any possible way to raise the internal resolution of the game with software dx11?
Are you sure you don't have the framelimiter on? I'm actually surprised you're getting type of speed with your cpu.

Software mode doesn't not have any scaling options so no you can't change the internal resolution.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
turns out speed hacks were on, that was why it was going so fast. When I turn it off I get 30 fps, which is really bad.
Oh, that explains it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
hmm ok, so on that note if this is the best I can do for settings, what can I do to improve the speed, what kind of cpu would I need to run this emulator smooth? Additionally, does anyone know why ratchet games need software render to run correctly? Is it something specific to the game? Also, thanks for your help, both of you. Smile
because those games use mipmapping, and this feature isn't properly emulated yet in hardware mode.

get an i5 or i7 intel cpu @ min 4 ghz and it should be near full speed.