Graphic bugs
Hey,
I have played PS1 games with epsxe and they all run fine, but
now I would like to play PS2 games.
When I try to run WRC 4 or WRC Rally Evolved (WRC = World Rally Championship)
happens this

I have burned games to pc with ImgBurn. (Same problem if I run from DVD and slow)
WRC 4: SCES_523.89 (PAL)
WRC Rally Evolved: SCES_532.47 (PAL)

I have tried these versions of PCSX2:
PCSX2 0.9.2 (Crash)
PCSX2 0.9.3 (Crash)
PCSX2 0.9.4 (Slow)
PCSX2 0.9.5, Rev 361, 384 x3 (Only versions which opens game)
PCSX2 0.9.6 (Crash)
PCSX2 0.9.7 + betas (Crash)

I have tried different plugins and versions,
enabling/disabling settings, but doesn't seems to work any better.
Is there any way to fix this or this unfixable?

System specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 940BE @ 3,6 GHz
Asus M4A78-E
Corsair 4Gb DDR2
ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5 OC
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Sponsored links

I deleted all emulators and plugins and downloaded lastest Beta-1888 and plugins.
WRC4 doesn't work, but WRC Rally Evolved is working quite good;
only some graphic glitches (like in picture last post) and FPS is stable at 70.
I enabled all game hacks, all speed hacks to max.
Only thing which disrupts me game is running like in slowmode. (FPS limited to 50, doesn't effect on slowing)

This game runs enought good for me and is playable.
If someone knows how to fix slowmode, please tell.
Quote:Only thing which disrupts me game is running like in slowmode. (FPS limited to 50, doesn't effect on slowing)

That's what happens if you turn on all speed hacks to full. Especially VU Cycle steal. Turn them down until it stops killing the game so much.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-15-2010, 09:32 PM)Bositman Wrote: That's what happens if you turn on all speed hacks to full. Especially VU Cycle steal. Turn them down until it stops killing the game so much.

VU Cycle steal is set to off, but now fps is only 30-40 which causes some slowing in game.
game fixes all checked (less graphic probs.), every speed hack except VU Cycle steal, is checked.
Time in game is now running about 90% of real time correct which is fine for me.

Is there any way to fix graphic glitches and improve performance?
Some maps doesn't have graphic glitches, but some does have lots of it.
...do NOT turn on all game fixes. These are specific fixes for specific games. Sure one could be improving your game but certainly not ALL. Most of these reduce your FPS as well. You can probably set VU Cycle steal to the first level without causing any problems, but that's probably as good as you'll get.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-16-2010, 01:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: ...do NOT turn on all game fixes. These are specific fixes for specific games. Sure one could be improving your game but certainly not ALL. Most of these reduce your FPS as well. You can probably set VU Cycle steal to the first level without causing any problems, but that's probably as good as you'll get.

I checked now ONLY the last game fix (VU XGkick Hack - Special fix for Erementar Gerad.) which fixed most of graphic glitches and setted VU Cycle steal to first level. FPS still is 40-50, but is enought for me. Thanks.