Graphic glitches with OpenGL in Dragon Quest 8
Yes,I don't remember if this was ever gone(it exist on Rogue Galaxy too)

Sponsored links

I have noticed this problem is getting worse when I enable the option Preload Data Frame in HW hacks menu.

I don't know if it's a clue to find what's wrong

It would be too bad to not solve this glitch cuz this game run perfectly with shadows on OpenGL
(05-10-2016, 06:01 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes,I don't remember if this was ever gone(it exist on Rogue Galaxy too)
I've seen it other (non-RPG) gamesas well, including in FMV's.
I have not see this issue before in opengl, might be something new, but i also dont have time to go diging threw git builds prior to 1.40 so if it was really there before.

I know it not there in DX11 and I know the line in DQ8 on the right is not there in dx11 either.

(05-10-2016, 06:01 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes,I don't remember if this was ever gone(it exist on Rogue Galaxy too)

Now that I read that I remeber seeing this issue in Rogue Galaxy too
Actually right side black line can be partially fix by enable HPO hack.
I have maybe a good news.

I just tried the version v1.5.0-dev-781-ga7ba779 and the problem is almost gone.

During the exploration the black line is really thin, except sometimes but it disappears very quickly.

During battles the trouble is still there but sometimes dispear a short time.

This is not perfect but there are some improvments
Having this problem as well, might have some info that can help. I'm using pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1793-g52ec143-windows-x86 to show off the problem, but it also happens on 1.4.0 in OpenGL as well.

These are my settings, I have round sprites set to half in the HW Hacks.

My PC Specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
16 GB RAM DDR3
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

It's actually difficult to see if not in motion because it's black vertical lines on the sides that fade in and out like an amorphous shape. But I think it might have to do with the way the game uses frame data. If you enable the Preload Frame Data HW Hack you get a static version of what the bug looks like:

Enabling the hack removes the sporadic nature of the issue, but then leaves it there permanently. I was able to reduce the size of the black bars by also enabling Half-Pixel Offset in the HW Hacks to make it look like this:

Significantly reduced, but adds that weird stuck line of pixels to the left. 

The small black lines you can see on Direct3D11 might just be a smaller, less annoying version of the problem that occurs in OpenGL:

If anyone has any ideas on how fix it it'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Setting Skipdraw to 2 forces the black lines to sit behind the one thin black line to the right, and almost completely hides the bottom black line. Closest I could get to removing them. Might try other Skipdraw settings later to find out if I push them off completely, but as is setting it to 2 is pretty optimal.
I managed to reduce the problem with OpenGl putting the zoom on 103.00 with only Preload Frame Data and Round Sprite on Half enabled in hacks menu. But the problem still appear randomly but much less noticeable
By the way anyone found the way to have shadows in Directx11 ? Cuz it runs perfectly except shadows