Graphic problems with Okami
Sad 
Hello all. Before anything else I'd like to point out that I have made this account specifically to get a solution to this issue. This should explain something, or maybe not.

Anyway, I've installed PCSX2 and had a wonderful time remembering old time favorites like FFX and Kingdom Hearts, but I was really looking forward to replaying a masperpiece of that time, Okami. Sadly, the graphics are displayed horridly on my computer. I wish I knew why. It's listed as playable on the compatibility page!

Thing is, most of the effects in the game are replaced by this grey wall such as the one on the shot. Sometimes, only a couple of elements are replaced by this.

Attached, screenshots of my current configurations (that play FFX and KH fine, btw). Also, my specs:

PCSX2 version: 0.9.7.4227
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1024MB DDR3
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4095 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ II X3 445 Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.099 ghz (3 logical threads)

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3
MMX2 .. 3DNOW .. 3DNOW2.. SSE4a

I'd really appreciate if someone were to help me with this. Is there a specific type of configuration I should use? Or another version of the plugins?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

actually svn version are partially supported (only for bug reporting)
try with latest public beta instead.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Really? I wouldn't know, my son got the thing working for me. Can I keep my save files and other custom stuff on this other version?

Thanks a bunch. When I get home I'll look for this public beta.
you can keep the memcard files.

the savestates are likely to incompatible
I'm sorry for the lack of knowledge, but is it the .4227 part (as in 0.9.7.4227) that determines my version as svn(?) or bug reporting? Getting the PCSX2 0.9.7 beta Full installer (from http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta) is what you recommended?
Update: tried version 0.9.6, same thing. Should I keep downgrading?
I'm terribly sorry for the triple post, but there weren't any other replies and I have been testing (mostly trial and error really) for the entire day and finally I made the gray thing go away. I played the game by using the option Boot CDVD (fast). Now there's a different problem: it won't read the memory card (ingame, btw). I got to the first save point, tried to save, then the game prompted me to format the memory card. Then it said Failed!

This is really frustrating. Is this (fast) way the way to be played? Why is it that my graphics are displayed correctly only under this mode? Also, PCSX2 has been crashing a lot while on this mode (always when changing any option, not during the game). When I played other games on (full), it was more stable (and I could use the memory card).

Maybe I should just give up and get a Nintendo Wii (I hear there's an Okami port for it), lol.
don't forget to run as admin, and don't install it in program files or my doc
the link you gave above is the right one to latest public beta.

can you please post the emulog.txt after a crash ?

and the best way to play the game is still your PS2 Wink