Graphical plugins basics
Ok so I guess im use to ps1 plugins the most.

Are there any plugins that have the basic things you'd want? Like 2d filters HQX LQX? Anything to do a complete screen smoothing.

Is there any true DX11 plugin yet also. Im using the SSE4.1 plugin and it has a DX10.

Im just looking to get a better visual clairity out of my games here.
Right now a lot of my ps2 games are looking worse than my ps1 games lol.

While am at it is there anyway to configure settings per game?

Sponsored links

it should also have DX11 if you have a DX11 device.

not that it will provide anything over d3d10 in terms of quality.
I defanitly do have a DX11 device. However its only going me the chocie of DX10. Can you point me in the direction of the proper plugin?

I know I have DX11 support because Dolphin uses DX11 and games like Dragon Age 2 I run in dx11 mode.
If it's only doing DX10 and you have a DX11 card you're probably running an outdated version of the graphics plugin/PCSX2. Upgrade to the latest (0.9.8)

As for your question, no there are no plugins that have hi-res texture filtering as you've listed... Mostly because the amount and complexity of textures in PS2 games would require an insane amount of video memory and bandwidth. As for full screen smoothing, while it would be possible to write up a shader to do so if you wanted there isn't currently any... Such an effect would only blur the image making it a lot less sharp and would only really look good on certain 2d games. 3D games will look a lot better WITHOUT such an effect.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Mhh well I have version 9.8 so I dont know why I dont have dx11 option and I have the lastest dx installed.
Just using high resolution makes all my 3d games look AWSOME. Have you tried really high resolution?
You compare it to ps1(Im assuming also hires/texure etc) and frankly ps2 in hires blows it away, so Im thinking you havent tried it yet. If you have and simply feel its not enough there isnt anything you can do about it right now though. You can try AA but it achieves pretty much the same effect as hires and doesnt work aswell(based on personal experience).
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Yeah, the high resolution looks good its just there isnt really as much 2d support in ps2 yet it seems. Like playing Tales of Destiny imho looks better than playing the remake.

Wild Arms 3 is looking pretty good in 1366x768 with 3x anti alasing.

Whats blowing my ***** mind is my dual core 1.7ghz is playing these games at perfect speeds.
On Windows XP, 16bits textures and bilinear filtering, the image on epsxe was good... once Vista/7 came out and now they do not do bilinear filtering on 16 bits textures the image became horribly pixelated. The former quality was recovered only a bit using some kind of shader found at pete's page or so (this phenomenon is observable on zsnes too).

Trying this on PCSX2 at this point would put a heavy load on most machines to the point of making a majority of games unplayable, probably.

Some day PCSX2 will flow like a breeze on mainstream hardware with much better quality than the console and full speed without speedhacks and such, it is so with every emulator... once upon a time snes emulators ran almost as fast as a slug in a cold day...
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-09-2011, 04:24 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: On Windows XP, 16bits textures and bilinear filtering, the image on epsxe was good... once Vista/7 came out and now they do not do bilinear filtering on 16 bits textures the image became horribly pixelated. The former quality was recovered only a bit using some kind of shader found at pete's page or so (this phenomenon is observable on zsnes too).

Trying this on PCSX2 at this point would put a heavy load on most machines to the point of making a majority of games unplayable, probably.

Some day PCSX2 will flow like a breeze on mainstream hardware with much better quality than the console and full speed without speedhacks and such, it is so with every emulator... once upon a time snes emulators ran almost as fast as a slug in a cold day...
I dont remember those days of snes emulation because I remember running zsnes fairly well on my penitum 1 133mhz... They're videos on youtube of people still doing that in fact.

I think the complexity of hardware is whats showing progress down.

Plus the way emulation is approchated is completely different now. Now people aim for accuracy it use to be all about speed and playablity. Zsnes at one point had so many different patches and hacks per game it was ridiculous. But as a end user it didnt matter.
(05-09-2011, 01:27 AM)Clesarie Wrote: Yeah, the high resolution looks good its just there isnt really as much 2d support in ps2 yet it seems.

Yeah, some 2d games still look a little bit better with hires but its not nearly as huge of an impact as with 3d games.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb