Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graphics Card Selection & Suggestion.
Hello all. I am newbie so,I need Suggestion for a Graphics card.
I have rounded my choice to gtx 560 and gtx 560 TI.
Have some Questions for this.

1. Which one is worth it, compared to Price and Performance?
2. Which Model in Radeon Stands up with gtx 560?
3. If ATI Radeon has one then which should i choose? Radeon of Nvidia?
4. And Which Manufacturer has given the best Benchmark?
5. 1 0r 2 GB?
6. Or Any other GPU's that Give More Performance than gtx 560 for comparatively less $?

Another Important thing is Price, Some sites are showing Huge price Difference (like 200$!, And i know 560 is more costly than that)
Don't know the exact Price, i can spend upto 280-290 $.

Thank you.

Sponsored links

laptop or desktop

if laptop i'll go for ATi because Nvidia has some controversy on Optimus for laptop

if desktop you can go neither the two.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
(01-28-2012, 05:22 AM)tallbender Wrote: laptop or desktop

if laptop i'll go for ATi because Nvidia has some controversy on Optimus for laptop

if desktop you can go neither the two.

oh Sorry, its Desktop.
Please Suggest other Manufacturer then.
i cant verify that...

here our country they sell ATi in MSI and Powercolor brand--->i pick powercolor as my budjet of my 5750

for Nvidia they had only inno3d as a "common" brand manufacturer(i bought that since my C2D aged desktop but retired already)..they have sparkle but it's a generic manufacturer(i don't buy that and it won't last long like an energizer or even fast time degration like a pencil)

get at least 1.5GB of the Vram or you failed to pass skyrim recommended...if you get 1GB you failed (1GB minus 25% will take out from windows resources)
other benchmark e.g. SSF4 AE try achieve rank A.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
(01-28-2012, 06:18 AM)tallbender Wrote: i cant verify that...

here our country they sell ATi in MSI and Powercolor brand--->i pick powercolor as my budjet of my 5750

for Nvidia they had only inno3d as a "common" brand manufacturer(i bought that since my C2D aged desktop but retired already)..they have sparkle but it's a generic manufacturer(i don't buy that and it won't last long like an energizer or even fast time degration like a pencil)

get at least 1.5GB of the Vram or you failed to pass skyrim recommended...if you get 1GB you failed (1GB minus 25% will take out from windows resources)
other benchmark e.g. SSF4 AE try achieve rank A.

Ok, 2GB GTX 560 TI is Good enough then? Yes, By manufacturer i meant Powercolor, Zotac, Palit, Msi etc. etc.
Frankly, I dont know which is More Featured & Popular one.
Pls, Link me a Benchmark if Possible. 2gb Zotac is nearly 330$ and Palit is Cheaper at 279$. Dont know which to choose from
sorry i don't have any links of dowloadable benchmarks

instead here my sample pics.(NOTE:my SSF4 is boughted game w/c included benchmarking)

EDIT:
Palit and Sparkle is a generic manufacturer has a possiblity of fast degration and might NOT last long.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

For PCSX2 NVIDIA > AMD(former ati) I would say mainly couse it's memory bandwidth which can be countered with "allow 8 bit textures" in GSdx config, but you'll probably still get better results with Nvidia soo stick to that.

1 or 2 gb probably doesn't matter much, I would go 2gb if I had the money couse more memory = less heat which is always cool, but it'll not affect performance. ^Skyrim doesn't really need 1.5gb of vram;P it's a console port, it runs even on crappy gpu like mine hd5670 easily with aII x3 to the pair, it's recommended requirements are heavilly overrated and I guess it's not really on topic.

GTX560 is probably same good as GTX 560 TI in pcsx2, but if you consider ever playing pc games, get the second one;P, for manufacturer it depends what choice you have, I would look mainly over cooling system they have and google for potential problems with exact model which is always nice to do before buying any hardware:].
Thanks You Both, That Reply is Detailed Enough. ;-)
(01-28-2012, 06:18 AM)tallbender Wrote: ... (1GB minus 25% will take out from windows resources)

Where in the world did you get that information from? Tongue

Windows does NOT use that much v-ram when you're not doing anything. I'm currently using 96mb.

There isn't that much of a need for 2GB of v-ram, unless you're using a especially high resolution screen. Even then, v-ram is not necessarily the biggest determining factor of a GPU's power.

You could save a bit on a 1GB version, but if you're already spending that much, here's what I could recommend...

Galaxy GTX 560 2GB

Galaxy has made some pretty reliablable cards. While they're not one of the top-shelf brands, I still say you could count on one.

Galaxy GTX 560 Ti 1280MB

Again, Galaxy is a bit cheaper, but still good. This version of the GTX 560 has 448 cores (33% more) and a 320-bit bus (25% larger) which will do more for the raw power of the card than the extra v-ram will. They do have more than the standard 1GB, too.

EVGA would be an example of one of those "top-shelf brands" I spoke of. I'll link you a 2GB one, and their 1280MB 448 core 320-bit "FTW" version...

EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2GB

EVGA GTX 560 Ti FTW 1280MB
(01-28-2012, 07:16 AM)Rezard Wrote: Where in the world did you get that information from? Tongue

Windows does NOT use that much v-ram when you're not doing anything. I'm currently using 96mb.

There isn't that much of a need for 2GB of v-ram, unless you're using a especially high resolution screen. Even then, v-ram is not necessarily the biggest determining factor of a GPU's power.

You could save a bit on a 1GB version, but if you're already spending that much, here's what I could recommend...

Galaxy GTX 560 2GB

Galaxy has made some pretty reliablable cards. While they're not one of the top-shelf brands, I still say you could count on one.

Galaxy GTX 560 Ti 1280MB

Again, Galaxy is a bit cheaper, but still good. This version of the GTX 560 has 448 cores (33% more) and a 320-bit bus (25% larger) which will do more for the raw power of the card than the extra v-ram will. They do have more than the standard 1GB, too.

EVGA would be an example of one of those "top-shelf brands" I spoke of. I'll link you a 2GB one, and their 1280MB 448 core 320-bit "FTW" version...

EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2GB

EVGA GTX 560 Ti FTW 1280MB

lol. SmileThankxx
I hope galaxy is available in our market. Sad
I dont trust Couriers Ninja