Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics Card Suggestion?
I'm hoping to get some advice on getting a new graphics card. I only have agp and standard pci slots, so we have to rule out the pci-express. I really don't know much about all this, but if someone could tell me a good choice. I plan to lug my comp with me on vacation and I would enjoy being able to play my smt nocturne Smile along with being able to get a couple pc titles.

I'll do my best to provide specs. Just reading what it says..

Pentium 4 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
1gb RAM
windows xp service pack 3
and I'm currently using geforce 5200 BLAH!

tl;dr: I plan to upgrade to a new comp later down the road, but it is going to be a while. So getting the best I can with what I got is going to be a nice temp. fix.

ty in advanced

Sponsored links

i think a new video card will not help you because your CPU is too weak and not enough for PCSX2
Either way, I'm wanting some information on a graphics card. So if it was possible for this cpu to work, what graphics card would be best based on my post? I'm upgrading regardless if pcsx2 works so I could still use the information.
any graphic card would give the same results in terms of gameplay.
Your CPU would be a bottleneck, and having an integrated GPU or the latest wonderfantastic GPU from Nvidati would be the same
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
it doesnt worth the money. better pay 500-600 euro/dollars to buy a new asskicking pc than paying 50 for an old agp card that will give you nothing
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
ok you guys are the masters of not answering questions.. so lets just look at it this way.. there has to be a card that will work somewhat better on my obviously ***** pc other than a geforce 5200.. idc if its not worth it.. lets just say im a rich mothah fu@## who can afford it paying for this now and getting some else later down the road.. now.. what are my options in terms of graphics cards for this pc that would not be bottlenecked.. or even if bottlenecked would be an improvement over what i have now.. i understand what you all are saying but.. thats all i want to know
that's exactly what we're trying to make you understand.
You won't see any improvement whatever the GPu you use.
I guess the answer then is : none of the existing GPUs
Tho i have to agree the cpu will still be the bottleneck.
Here is the best AGP 8x card i can find.
Club3D HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 AGP Edition
[Image: 1454055.png]
(06-01-2010, 11:22 PM)ChronicNL Wrote: Tho i have to agree the cpu will still be the bottleneck.
Here is the best AGP 8x card i can find.
Club3D HD 3850 512MB GDDR3 AGP Edition

it says its a pci-e...

anyway i went ahead and got a geforce 7800.. pcsx2 is up and running after a few exhausting tweaks.. sooo.. thanks for nothing guys! hopefully you will refrain from posting sarcastic b/s in others ppls threads until you actually know what you're talking about instead of tryin to just be d-headz and not be helpful I.E. actually answering the question Laugh

/thread
no need to flame, though.
closed