Graphics Issue Snow Leopard
hey, i'm new to the site so any help i can get with this issue is greatly appreciated. so i've got pcsx2 9.6 almost running on my macbook, using snow leopard 10.6.8. but the only issue is the graphics.

the graphics are blocky and pixelated and you can't even make out pictures or writing. i'm running XQuartz and CG 3.0.0016.

i've downloaded and installed the ZZOglPG 0.1.0 patch and have the "no logarithmic z" option selected but that didn't help.

i was also wondering if my graphics card can handle it, i have the stock GMA X3100 in my macbook which i've read mixed things about. i've read that if you have that graphics card then its a no-go but i also found a different forum that had a user saying they had that card and it ran just fine.

let me know if/what screenshots would be helpful. hopefully you guys can help, ive been messing with this thing for over a week now.

Sponsored links

the integrated chip sets (GMA's) usually have a very rough time emulating PS2 graphics. so most likely it is your graphics card. post your pcsx2 configurations, tho, as it might hold the culprit as well.
upgrading to lion might potentially help since it has a higher version of opengl (3.0 -> 3.2)
usually just a speed increase and better handling of sound and no need for the controller plugin, but it could potentially help with your graphics, although im pretty sure thats an old videocard from what im assuming is a 2008 macbook in which case i havent heard many good results with pcsx2 and it...
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

i posted some screenshots of the config and graphics settings.

.pdf   pcsx2 config.pdf (Size: 42,6 KB / Downloads: 387)
.pdf   graphics config 1.pdf (Size: 111,18 KB / Downloads: 379)
.pdf   graphics config 2.pdf (Size: 110,45 KB / Downloads: 685)

do you think lion might resolve my issue? here are the specs of my mac as well.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1

thanks again for all the help!
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ff-12-no-text
This person had the same card and had weird graphics too
and zedr0n (the guy who made the mac port of pcsx2) even says the integrated intel gma 3100 chip is not powerful enough.

Theres a slim chance if you ran boot camp on your computer and had an installation of windows it might work there because theres more video plugins and you can utilize directX for rendering instead of openGL for mac.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)

(07-30-2011, 07:28 AM)mubbsy Wrote: upgrading to lion might potentially help since it has a higher version of opengl (3.0 -> 3.2)
usually just a speed increase and better handling of sound and no need for the controller plugin, but it could potentially help with your graphics, although im pretty sure thats an old videocard from what im assuming is a 2008 macbook in which case i havent heard many good results with pcsx2 and it...

the x3100 is limited to 2.1 anyhow.....
yeah i haven't had any person experience with that chip.
its only a 144MB video card so its pretty weak.
The physical requirements for pcsx2 for windows is a GPU chip that supports pixel shader 2.0 and the intel GMA x3100 does support that, so if you ran in boot camp it would probably run, however you would be looking at a low fps. I'm guessing 40ish max.

well i might try and run boot camp just to see what it can do for me, but it looks like i would need a better rig to get decent results.

any suggestions on a graphics card (not too pricey) for a rig to possibly run mac os? (sorry, if this is too off topic i'll move it to another thread)

thanks for information, i appreciate the help from everybody.
you have a very limited selection there, apple certifies very few cards for OSX and they are usually at the top end where pricing is concerned.