Graphics Plugin Alternative?
When I decided to research a PS2 emulator for the first time in years, I was excited to see one working beautifully completed online for me to get.

Then I ran into a problem. My laptop doesn't have a good enough graphics card. I have a little dinky GeForce GT 220M card. I tried running the software-based version of GSdx, in hopes of bypassing the need for an advanced graphics card, but my laptop just doesn't have enough power for that.

My question is, is there an alternate plugin (or configuration) that I can use that utilizes the combined efforts of my graphics card and my processor, so that maybe, just maybe, I can run Final Fantasy X, since my 3 hard copies stopped working? If that's impossible to do, just tell me. I've yet to learn enough about computers and software to know what to try myself.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Final Fantasy X Cheats Patch
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi @ 4.0GHz, 2x SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Sponsored links

You should be able to use the (Hardware) renderer in GSdx just fine for that game as soon as you tick "native" in it's settings, you can also try the ZZOgl and ZeroGS plugins but chances are those are gonna be even slower.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I've tried all sorts of combinations, including that one, but the game either runs at a very slow frame rate (usually averages around 30 fps), or runs at 100% fps and skips/freezes for a few seconds at a time, not allowing for any sort of gameplay.
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi @ 4.0GHz, 2x SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
has to do with the laptop itself, it is running at peak 100% of the time? (as in on performance mode) and it is well ventelated?
Yes, and yes.

Its practically a brand new laptop. Everything is in working order. I shut down everything to make sure that nothing was taking up any of the CPU, and at most, PCSX2 only uses 60% maximum capability. That's what leads me to believe it's a graphics card issue. When I run it off a hard copy CD instead of an ISO file, the game runs at a constant 80% for a while with glitchy graphics, but then freezes and I get the ""PCSX2 has stopped working." message and it closes.
ok, let's go over the basics:

What pcsx2 version?
what game?
software or hardware rendering?
settings of the graphics plugin?
speedhacks?
what recompiler (or is it interpreter?)
-PCSX2 version 0.9.6
-Final Fantasy X
-Tried both, hardware seems to work better.
-With GSdx (SSE2):
Code:
Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Shader: 2.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Internal Res: Native

And I don't know about the last two.
1: update to latest beta (link in main forum)

after that:
2: go to gamefixes and tick the FFX fix (for FFX, but not other games)
3: you can in speedhacks "safely" tick EE seting 2 and IOPx2 and using microVU speeds up FFX (and is default on 0.9.7)

after these you should be easily getting full fps (60 for NTSC/50 PAL)

and I'd reccomend using the SSSE3 plugin, not the SSE2 (I know your CPU supports SSSE3, but I don't know about 4.1)
Works beautifully. Thanks a ton! Smile
(06-23-2010, 12:15 AM)Saiki Wrote: 3: you can in speedhacks "safely" tick EE seting 2 and IOPx2 and using microVU speeds up FFX (and is default on 0.9.7)

That's not safely, safely is the recommended ones (INTC, Wait Loop, mVU flag) Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64