Graphics problems with Final Fantasy 12
I ran Final Fantasy 12 on my PC and had problems with the cutscenes so i put in my "Real" FF 12 (My Disc of it)  but found that the problem hadn't been solved. I am new to PS2 Emulation so i come you wonderful geniuses begging that you explain what is happening. I will post the specs and everything if you need. The problems are that during the cutscenes all i see are triangles of static and blackness. Also when the screen goes to the book to explain story its super dark. Also it freezes after the first book scene. If you don't understand what I mean about Book scenes then its a picture of a book with words on the screen. The words are like black and impossible to read.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Specs : 8 Gigs Ram 
            Intel® HD Graphics 4600
            Nvida GeForce GTX 850M 
            Its a GE60 2PL Apache In case that wasn't enough
Version : PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)

Settings : All Default Except I am using FFX Videos fix, EE timing hack, and Switch to GSdx software rendering when a FMV plays.

Games : I am trying to play Final Fantasy 12 and have tried to play both an ISO and my DVD. Both have the problem.

Any further information needed will be edited into this post to keep the thread shorter.

Even with the settings reverted the problem is there. Any other ideas? Maybe different settings?
Please revert the settings and dont use any manual gamefixes.
Okay the problems are solved by pressing F9 multiple times. However is there a more permanent solution? Also sometimes when I zone I have to press F9 a few times again. Is this just how the game is or what? Will playing on the ISO or the disk be better? Sorry but these are my final questions.
F9 toggles between the hardware and software mode of the specific renderer, no permanent solution unless the problem lies on a FMV.

definitely ISO would be better since even most of the HDD's have better reading speeds than optical drive.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Have you disabled theanual gamefixes?
(08-11-2015, 09:01 AM)ThrustingPickle Wrote: I ran Final Fantasy 12 on my PC and had problems with the cutscenes so i put in my "Real" FF 12 (My Disc of it)  but found that the problem hadn't been solved. I am new to PS2 Emulation so i come you wonderful geniuses begging that you explain what is happening. I will post the specs and everything if you need. The problems are that during the cutscenes all i see are triangles of static and blackness. Also when the screen goes to the book to explain story its super dark. Also it freezes after the first book scene. If you don't understand what I mean about Book scenes then its a picture of a book with words on the screen. The words are like black and impossible to read.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

are we talking about some cut scene that show black in  where there should be textures? if so it happen in only hand full of cut scenes, like the Prison when  Vann and bahtier are about to fight the horned monsters and the cut scene when we first see basch in a cell

If your talking about every thing is black then some thing is wrong.

Opengl
no crc
3x
Hw ogl depth

DX11 should be pretty much the same thought i havent done much test with DX since opengl work much better

game look and play pretty much flawless
(08-13-2015, 08:13 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: are we talking about some cut scene that show black in  where there should be textures? if so it happen in only hand full of cut scenes, like the Prison when  Vann and bahtier are about to fight the horned monsters and the cut scene when we first see basch in a cell

If your talking about every thing is black then some thing is wrong.

Opengl
no crc
3x
Hw ogl depth

DX11 should be pretty much the same thought i havent done much test with DX since opengl work much better

game look and play pretty much flawless

When I launched the game the first cutscene where the birds fly in then Square Enix ® shows up is black at the beginning then fixes itself. But when it fixes itself the letters are black instead of white. when i hit F9 it goes back to normal. Then the cutscene where I fight Air Cutter Remora (The First Boss) starts out black. Its not a huge problem. I dont understand the "Opengl" stuff is. Could you explain as if I were simple lol. Sorry im new to emulating PS2.

I have all settings as default. No gamefixes. Everything is just as a brand new pcsx2 version 1.2.1 I downloaded it with the Standalone downloader if that matters.
use latest git builds

They game works find with opengl/dx11 with no crc