Graphics stretch issue with latest nVidia drivers
I told manuelg a couple of times throughout. He said that they are not officially supporting emulators but he will try and see if he could look into it. This was 1 or 2 drivers ago.
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Sponsored links

Maybe my system is just weird but I have had no issues whatsoever using WHQL 327.23. I tested it with VP2 and let it sit for maybe 30 minutes.

System specs:

I7-3770k (Stock at the time of testing)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA GTX 660TI FTW+ 3gb edition (Stock at time of testing)
ASUS Sabertooth z77

As I am currently moving I can't test under my own personal PC:

I7-3770k @ 4.4ghz
16 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA 780 Classified OC'd (Can't remember increase off-hand)
ASUS Maximus V Extreme

I will test with the above settings near the end of the week when my move is complete.

If Rama or any coder would like to get information from my current system (DXDiag, etc etc) you are welcome to message me.

For all others, I recommend uninstalling your drivers, running Ccleaner or Driver Fusion (Both programs are free) to ensure you are completely driver free, and re-installing your Nvidia graphic drivers and seeing if that fixes or helps this issue.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
I didn't do a driver wipe for a while but that never mattered for anything here, at least since 2004 or so Tongue2
Using Direct X9 or Open GL helped me with that problem in Grandia Xtreme
give me a list of games this occurs in,

I strip the drivers back to the parts i actually use and did not see this in any of those i tested, Rama says he reproduced it too but i don't have the game he used to test it.

I remove GFE, 3D vision and controller drivers, Nvidia virtual audio driver, etc.

If it can be pinned down to a subdivision of the drivers it could help nvidia fix it on the sly.

i basically delete the following folders prior to installing the driver

Code:
GFExperience.NVStreamSrv\
MS.NET\
GFExperience.NvStreamC\
NVVAD\
GFExperience\
NV3DVision\
Display.Optimus\
Display.Update\
NV3DVisionUSB.Driver\
It's going to a change in the basic D3D driver. And I mean really basic. GSdx doesn't use anything fancy Tongue2
(10-02-2013, 04:02 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: give me a list of games this occurs in,

2 of which include (there are more, but I have already uninstalled the drivers and reverted because of lockups so I can't give complete list):

-Shadow Hearts 3 (quick find = starting menu)
-Magna Carta Tears of Blood (quick find = started game intro sequence)

0:00
4:43
Have you guys tried the 331.40 Beta's? I haven't seen the screen jumping around since I installed these.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080Ti | Mem: Crucial Ballistix 32GB DDR4 | OS: Windows 10 x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: MSI MPG Pro Carbon WiFi | GPU: AMD RX 6600 | Mem: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 | OS: Ubuntu Mate 22.04
I never tested the earlier ones, but shadowhearts 3 looks fine for me in 331.40's
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-03-2013, 01:47 AM)OminaeYu Wrote: Have you guys tried the 331.40 Beta's? I haven't seen the screen jumping around since I installed these.

Yes. Still does it for me with those newest drivers. Still system freezes too. Takes a bit longer to freeze than previous ones but still does it. 314.22 is the last stable one for me. Higher than that is unstable.

(10-03-2013, 02:15 AM)refraction Wrote: I never tested the earlier ones, but shadowhearts 3 looks fine for me in 331.40's

Desktop or Laptop?

Here is a post that I found interesting by another user on nvidia forums:

Bee_nl Wrote:The TDR/lockup/freeze issues with Fermi-based cards (GTX 400/500) are still present in the 331.40 beta driver. The frequency at which this occurs seems to be lower compared to -for instance- 320.49, but the problem is far from solved. This issue has been bothering Fermi owners for the past six months now, and to be honest my patience is running a bit low. I understand that it may not be an easy one to fix, but at least keep us posted on the issue! I feel that the Fermi problem does not get the attention it deserves. One of the primary reasons I've bought Nvidia for quite some years now is because of the excellent driver support. So this is a bit of a letdown.

For me the issue occurs in the following ways:
1) The system freezes, but after a few seconds it recovers from that state. Sometimes it is followed by a TDR, but not always.
2) The system freezes, but soon after the screen turns black or -less often- a bsod occurs. Then the only option is to reset the computer.
3) The lockup may also occur when installing a different driver when coming from driver version 320 or higher (eg: 320.49 -> 331.40 or 320.49 -> 314.22). The clean install option does not make any difference.

It always seems to happen when I am doing some work in Windows like browsing. I haven't had any problems (yet) when playing games (BF3, BF4).

My specs:
Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5
Intel Core i7 920
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
3x Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad
Windows 7 Pro x64
2x Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW

The focal point is Fermi owners. This isn't the first time I've heard this so maybe it is just plaguing fermi owners? Any non-fermi problems from anyone?