Gray box around video, can't play any games.
After installing the appropriate dependencies this time there was no box for either build when using --wx30.

Sponsored links

You can check wx version with this command. Update pcsx2 executable path
Quote:ldd bin/pcsx2 | grep libwx
Gives me this
libwx_baseu-3.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libwx_baseu-3.0.so.0 (0xf74fe000)
libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_core-3.0.so.0 (0xf704a000)
libwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libwx_gtk2u_adv-3.0.so.0 (0xf6ecf000)

So it looks like the gray box issue doesn’t effect wx3.0. Smile

Let me know if you want me to run any more tests.
Cool Smile

I will fix a couple of minor additional issue and then post a new PPA. Thanks very much for your test.
Hi Gregory,

When will you be able to update this in the PPA? I seem to be having the exact same issue as rLoke and unfortunately know nothing of compiling to be able to build a working binary...
I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 64bit, Intel video running Mesa, and the latest PCSX2 from the PPA (1.3.0-0 (git) Nov 8 2014).

When I begin emulation, a white box appears to take up the screen in the aspect ratio i configured. While stretching the window I can see the games being emulated out of the sides of the box. Everything appears to work just fine, including audio and controller input, except this box that's in the way. Laugh

If you need any extra logs other than what rLoke has provided I'd be happy to provide anything you'd like.

Thank you for your help!
I'm having this exact same problem. Ubuntu 14.10. Not smart enough to follow along the above course. Will try again tomorrow, but if there is another solution would love to know!

(12-17-2014, 07:53 AM)Xaiks Wrote: Hi Gregory,

When will you be able to update this in the PPA? I seem to be having the exact same issue as rLoke and unfortunately know nothing of compiling to be able to build a working binary...
I'm running Ubuntu 14.10 64bit, Intel video running Mesa, and the latest PCSX2 from the PPA (1.3.0-0 (git) Nov 8 2014).

When I begin emulation, a white box appears to take up the screen in the aspect ratio i configured. While stretching the window I can see the games being emulated out of the sides of the box. Everything appears to work just fine, including audio and controller input, except this box that's in the way. Laugh

If you need any extra logs other than what rLoke has provided I'd be happy to provide anything you'd like.

Thank you for your help!
I will try to update the ppa before next monday.
Thank you very much Gregory! The December 21 snapshot is working perfectly.