Great Computer, Terrible FPS in PCSX2.
I recentally purchased a new computer, and after transfering all of my memory cards and games from my old computer to the new one, I tried out PCSX2 on it. But, for some reason, I get terrible FPS on the games I play. (Pac Man World 2 and Persona 4). Here are the new computer's specs:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor
Intel® Core™ i5 2410M Processor
Chipset Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
Memory DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM (Quad Core), 2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 G SDRAM (Dual Core)
Graphic NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB/2GB GDDR5 VRAM
Storage 750GB 5400rpm/7200rpm

Could anyone suggest a fix for this?

Sponsored links

What processor is it now, a 2630QM or a 2410M?
The graphic card is fine (but make sure to actually use it, in case you have Nvidia Optimus).
(04-10-2012, 12:08 AM)rama Wrote: What processor is it now, a 2630QM or a 2410M?
The graphic card is fine (but make sure to actually use it, in case you have Nvidia Optimus).

Ha, sorry, it's a 2630QM.
get the latest svn from here http://pcsx2.net/svn.php

go to the speedhacks section in the emulator settings and tick the "Multithreaded VU" box, that should help nicely. Other than that it's probably due to the clockspeed being 2Ghz, the emulator really needs 3Ghz+ on a modern CPU, laptops (however fancy) arent really cut out for emulators Sad

Only other advice i can offer is make sure it stays cool so it doesnt underclock and enable "high performance" profile in your windows power options
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-10-2012, 12:42 AM)refraction Wrote: get the latest svn from here http://pcsx2.net/svn.php

go to the speedhacks section in the emulator settings and tick the "Multithreaded VU" box, that should help nicely. Other than that it's probably due to the clockspeed being 2Ghz, the emulator really needs 3Ghz+ on a modern CPU, laptops (however fancy) arent really cut out for emulators Sad

Only other advice i can offer is make sure it stays cool so it doesnt underclock and enable "high performance" profile in your windows power options
Huh, that helped quite a bit, thanks!
Then again, I probably shouldn't doubt the advice of a coder for the emulator in the first place...
I think you guys are getting close to a lower requirement for the CPU however. my 2.2 keeps getting faster and faster. It's amazing work and I hope it keeps up
Do we not count it's 2.6Ghz Turbo Boost then...? Tongue

I would expect a bit better than terrible, at least.
Especially if you keep the internal res modest, and used a few Speedhacks.

Definitely check the Power Plan of your computer.
yes the power plan is definatly the issue. I have mine set at 95/100 and my PC handles PCSX2 VERY well, with much worse hardware.

My pc:
Code:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2200  @ 2.20GHz (2200 MHz)
Memory: 3328 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 8600 GT/PCIe/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.9610
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0
^
^
^
alternate issue if he is running on batteries.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(04-10-2012, 02:46 AM)Saiki Wrote: I think you guys are getting close to a lower requirement for the CPU however. my 2.2 keeps getting faster and faster. It's amazing work and I hope it keeps up
totally this ^^^, ever since i ditched 9.8 and started using the SVNs, i noticed good speed increases playing Xenosaga (which gave me hell on 9.8)+^_^+ i can now play through most of the first episode at 1200x675 with FXAA and only got slowdown with mechs on the screen and that one cut-scene in the beginning+^_^+ also 5142 is the first revision that let me see Shions visions of Rennes-le-Château in episode one, previously all i got were black screens with audio starting with Shion's dreams on the Woglinde, now i have the bottom quarter of the screen (yay Nephilim's feet!!)+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.