Great performance improvement
(12-25-2016, 09:26 PM)gregory Wrote: I have some ideas to improve the VU-GS thread communication. Hopefully it would yield an extra speed boost on VU limited scenes

(12-25-2016, 09:41 PM)refraction Wrote: I also have a small vu change which might provide an extra couple of fps in some games (futurama with mtvu off yielded a 2-3fps increase)

I can't wait for these updates. Do you plan on implementing them after the holidays ?

Sponsored links

Providing nobody tells me "you can't do that, it'll break loads of stuff" I'll probably put mine in soon, Gregory's might come after a while, but he has lots of work on his plate Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes busy life. Don't take anything for granted. Multithread is a rather complex topic. I need to test various ideas and profile it to measure the gain. I also want to replace a standard wait lock by a spin lock but it might kill/deadlock 2 cores CPU. So in short I have some ideas but nothing concrete Wink

On the thread performance, it could be linked to vsync
I can certainly give some of these tricks a try on my dualcore 2520m based Thinkpad T420 with its Nvidia NVS 4200m.