Gregory Horror Show
Hi!

First of all, I hope this is the right forum for my question. I figured General Discussion would fit best, since it's not OT.
Okay, so a lot of experienced users here probably know that the game Gregory Horror Show is not working at all. I'm no expert in emulation, to be frank I'm just a gamer and have basically no knowledge about the technical side of it.
So, here I am, asking nicely, if someone could explain to me, as simple as possible ( Biggrin ) what exactly the problem is, with this game? Why won't it even load? Is there any change in status to expected soon?
I have searched the forums here and everytime someone asks about it, there is no real answer.

It really is a shame it's not working, because the game is a real gem. I bought it rather coincidentally, because the cover art was rather weird and piqued my interest. Since then my PS2 broke down and I have no means to play it anymore, except via emulator, but well, you know.

And that's about it. I hope someone can tell me what's going on with this game.
To anyone who has the chance to play the game: Do it! It really is worth it. A truly unique game. Definitely among my favorites.

Good day! Smile

Sponsored links

Nobody knows what's going on with this game I'm afraid, it's a bit of a mystery and one of the few games left that does nothing at all. We have some hints at what may be causing it but nobody knows for sure right now Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Damn, that's a pity.

Thanks for the quick response, though. You guys are doing the lord's work. Tongue2

I was always wondering if it had something to do with the fact, that there are only NTSC-J and PAL releases of the game. Why would Capcom even release it in Europe, but not the US? Well, that one is a bit OT, but still I'm baffled about this.
(08-28-2015, 02:36 PM)weirdman Wrote:  Why would Capcom even release it in Europe, but not the US? 

Because Gregory Horror Show was a CG Animated show that was only shown in Japan and Europe, America would just go "WTF is this?" which isn't a good marketing thing Tongue

(08-28-2015, 02:40 PM)refraction Wrote: Because Gregory Horror Show was a CG Animated show

That much I knew. But I thought it never aired outside of Japan. Do you happen to know which European countries showed it? As a German, I can confirm, that it never ran here.
Anyway, if that really was the reason, it would be a disappointing one. I never saw the show and enjoyed the game nonetheless. Besides, Japan released even weirder games on the US market before. Like the Katamari series.

But ok. Hopefully the game will work on PCSX2 someday and those who could not try it before, have a chance to.
I can't confirm no, I never personally saw it (in England), it's a bit young for me.

(08-28-2015, 03:21 PM)refraction Wrote: I can't confirm no, I never personally saw it (in England), it's a bit young for me.

Alright, no worries. You have been very helpful, so muchas gracias!