Gsdx:More questions about native resolution
I have learn't more about how native resolution renders with the PS2 versus PC and how the jaggyness (if that is even a word Tongue ) is perceived in different vmodes.

For my PC I connect to my HDMI to my LCD TV and set output to 720x480p because PCSX2 outputs most games in progressive mode (at least it looks like it does anyways Cool ) It does look better because it is not native resolution being stretched of doubled to fit a HD resolution. However i cannot seem to output 60i or 50i with intel HD graphics which disappoints me because it looks like with the ps2 the edges were kinda blured with each frame probably because it was outputting in 50i.

I was wondering if anyone could help me on getting my intel hd graphics to output in interlaced mode when connected to TV? It just makes my tv flicker in a very weird way.

Also does anyone know if the PS2 does support some sort of AA?

Sponsored links

The PS2 supports "line Anti Aliasing", a very minor feature that got barely used. The Bios and Persona 4 use them a bit.

Getting an interlaced output from your PC is probably impossible with standard drivers.
There are specially modified "Arcade ready" graphic cards that I think serve that purpose.
(12-08-2013, 01:55 PM)rama Wrote: The PS2 supports "line Anti Aliasing", a very minor feature that got barely used. The Bios and Persona 4 use them a bit.

Getting an interlaced output from your PC is probably impossible with standard drivers.
There are specially modified "Arcade ready" graphic cards that I think serve that purpose.

Oh yea but I tried on a number of tvs and managed to output 480i and it seemed kinda blurred like the PS2 except in hardware mode there seems to be more jaggies than software render which I assume is because of different methods in rendering
if your not outputing the HDTV native res you are gona get blur picture to being with Native res is the only res a LCD can do everything else it supports is either upscaled or down scaled
(12-09-2013, 01:32 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: if your not outputing the HDTV native res you are gona get blur picture to being with Native res is the only res a LCD can do everything else it supports is either upscaled or down scaled

But I put it in 480p and it wasn't to blurry but the jaggies felt less outlined. and with 480p I set the scailing to horizontal=50 and vertical=50 so i get 4:3 perfect scailing for my TV.
That is mostly cause pcsx2 does not use true fullscreen in anyway it always windowed within the desktop atlest not with GSDX. so it dont look as blur as it would be.

If you out put 640x480 to a 720p let alone 1080p in actual fullscreen mode it will look terrible. How old is this TV? i am unaware of anyone making 4:3 for very long time what make model?. PCSX2 also outputs what ever the res is natively to the game, only a hand full are actual progressive and even then you have hold X+/\ after ps2 logo to even activate. All PCSX2 does is render the game in its native resolution ,2x,3x,4x,5,x6 or custom

IF you want to use AA just hit pgup and active FXAA it make the games run worse though,
(12-09-2013, 08:51 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: That is mostly cause pcsx2 does not use true fullscreen in anyway it always windowed within the desktop atlest not with GSDX. so it dont look as blur as it would be.

If you out put 640x480 to a 720p let alone 1080p in actual fullscreen mode it will look terrible. How old is this TV? i am unaware of anyone making 4:3 for very long time what make model?. PCSX2 also outputs what ever the res is natively to the game, only a hand full are actual progressive and even then you have hold X+/\ after ps2 logo to even activate. All PCSX2 does is render the game in its native resolution ,2x,3x,4x,5,x6 or custom

IF you want to use AA just hit pgup and active FXAA it make the games run worse though,

FXAA.... bleh! I guess some people like it. Not me though.

There is also the option of MSAA in HW hacks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-09-2013, 09:56 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: FXAA.... bleh! I guess some people like it. Not me though.

There is also the option of MSAA in HW hacks.

True I don't like FXAA because it blurs textures and it doesn't help the jaggies at all. I actually hate upscailing because it blurs some games like ratchet and clank because they use a composite based AA.

I know this because in the .elf files there is a labelled address that forces composite AA based on the resolution of the game, but it cannot be removed with skipdraw without most things becoming invisable.
The Ratchet and Clank games require software mode anyway, I think.(At least I know the third one does).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-10-2013, 12:25 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The Ratchet and Clank games require software mode anyway, I think.(At least I know the third one does).
For correct looking textures you do.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]