Gsdx dirctx 10 problem
I know you guys are probably sick of hearing about these directx 10/11 problems, but none of the other post seem to give me the proper insight.

Problem:
When I run GSdx in Directx 10/11 one of two things occur. Either Pcsx2 immediately crashes or I get an error message proclaiming that I have insufficent resources or incompatiable hardware/drivers.

Im running:
Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20Ghz

3Gb RAM

and supposabley DirectX 11 (says that on dx diagnostic tool, but i highly doubt that)

From what I've gathered the newest plugin which (I also have) only shows what your gpu is capable of and when I use it in shows directx 9
But after extensive research into this matter I have confirmed that the Intel GM965 chipset is compatable with directX 10 (I pretty sure directX10 is standard with dell Inspiron 1420 [my laptop])

So any Ideas as to why I cant run DX10?

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in andvance :)

Dell Inspiron 1420
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.2 GHz 3Gb RAM
OP: Windows Vista Home Basic
I know, sad aint it (cries in the corner) I miss my Gateway

Sponsored links

update directx to its latest version
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I tried that and it didnt help

Dell Inspiron 1420
Intel integrated graphics chipset, eww. Even if you did manage to get it to run, don't expect playable speed.
most games run near flawless already so why not......ok not flawless but fast enough to not annoy me. and thats just with dx9 wouldnt dx10 be better? or am I missing some vital info here? lol

{I actually want the Nvidia geforceTM go 8400 GS instead lol}
Dell Inspiron 1420
Yeah, dx10 or dx11 is faster. I'm surprise that you can run games at decent fps that doesn't bothers you. Must be one of the better integrated graphics from intel...
(03-09-2011, 12:35 PM)tuanming Wrote: Yeah, dx10 or dx11 is faster. I'm surprise that you can run games at decent fps that doesn't bothers you. Must be one of the better integrated graphics from intel...

Oh, Believe me It didnt run so smooth initially I had to tweek some stuff to get the 20-40 fps im getting now, feels way better than the initial 0-15 lmao
Dell Inspiron 1420
Your card doesn't support DX10/11 that's why it only runs on DX9. The "System" tab under the DX diagnostic tool only says what version of DirectX is installed in your windows (aka what you could use if your hardware supports it), if you check the DDI version under the "Display" tab for your card it'll say 9.0 or something like that, that's what matters for what your card supports.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks Shadow Lady, that was very insightful.Smile

I recently discovered that the information I found earlier was based off of claims that intel made about their chipsets that they never quite pulled through on.

I Guess I'll just save up and get a real laptop lol
Dell Inspiron 1420