Gsdx huge speedup on 1322 and higher rev -ATI issue fixed!
Confirm a large boost in DBZBT 3.Now I can run it with my AMD II 940BE 4.9Ghz and crossfire ATI 4890 better a lot than E8400 4.0Ghz of my brother with 9600GT.

Sponsored links

Confirmed as well, on an HD4850. MGS3 seems to run stable at 100% now (E8500@ 3.5Ghz + 4Gb RAM) Smile
Some decent improvements on my budget card, Devil May Cry 3 has seen a decent 20% increase in FPS, (20-50)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 7750 x2 BE @ 3.2 Ghz
RAM: 4gb (2GB x2) Patriot Extreme Performance DDR2 800 (4,4,4,12)
Mobo: GA-M720-US3
Gfx: Radeon HD 4850 512mb GDDR3
Windows 7 RC x64
So i read all the stuff about using the beta and getting help so i'm just throwing it out there that i get the same problems with the normal and the beta.

PS2 Menu runs at 800+ fps with the settings that were in the top of this thread.

FFXII - the only ps2 game i have left

i get 100+ fps but every 2-3 seconds it lags for like 1/2 a sec it makes it totally unplayable, i've looked all over and allways end up in an ATI thread lol so i figured i'd post it here and see, as i got tired of messing with the emulator i bought a new ps2 today cause i just wanted to play Smile but i'll still be messing around with it, ps2 would just be one more thing i dont' need on the top of my desk.

as a note i'm also running Windows 7 RC2

if this isn't quite the same issue as the ATI issue i apolagize and will move my butt elsewhere, if it is i can test theories and ideas i kinda just want it to work... makes me sad that i can play crazy games at stupid resolutions but PS2 won't work lol

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
(06-29-2009, 02:20 AM)Vulkan Wrote: i get 100+ fps but every 2-3 seconds it lags for like 1/2 a sec it makes it totally unplayable.

Could ya explain it in a bit more detail? I just might have a similar problem, and from what I see it could easily be the issue with Quad core Phenoms...instead of ATI.
Thou, nature, art my goddess; to thy law
My services are bound.

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
is rounded with a sleep.
(06-29-2009, 04:40 PM)milan Wrote:
(06-29-2009, 02:20 AM)Vulkan Wrote: i get 100+ fps but every 2-3 seconds it lags for like 1/2 a sec it makes it totally unplayable.

Could ya explain it in a bit more detail? I just might have a similar problem, and from what I see it could easily be the issue with Quad core Phenoms...instead of ATI.

umm it's kinda hard to explain with numbers really... for example while the FF XII intro movie is playing and even in the game menus i get about 70-80 fps but it hesitates, that's probably the best way to put it.... it's not enough to affect the actual FPS counter but it's a slight hesitation every 2-3 seconds... it used to be worse i've played around with alot of settings but don't know what exactally i've changed. but the problem still exists none the less, i was thinking it may be a CPU issue as well, it only uses 10-15% of my cpu and kinda bounces around i haven't looked to see what cores it's using and i can't change the affinity on it, i'll play around with some more settings today and see if i can get it to run. regardless i have a ps2 hooked to my third monitor now so i can play it either way
It is a known bug with FFXII. The 2-3 sec pauses are caused by the recompiler resetting (when it shouldn't). It used to be way worse but it got better in the recent betas. Still there though and not an easy bug to fix.
[Image: newsig.jpg]