Guitar Hero Aerosmith crashes
Okay, so the game starts fine and everything. Everything's fine up until after the loading screen for the song, it then crashes.

This is strange because this person obviously was able to play: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guitar-He...0-U--29455

I running version 1.2.1, Windows x64
I've tried Hardware and Software modes.
I've tried disabling all the unrecommended speed hacks.
I'm using my actual disc if that matters.

CPU: Core i5-3470
GPU: Radeon 7770 Ghz edition 1GB
8GB DDR3 1600 ram

Sponsored links

(02-18-2014, 06:15 AM)spyder256 Wrote: Okay, so the game starts fine and everything. Everything's fine up until after the loading screen for the song, it then crashes.

This is strange because this person obviously was able to play: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guitar-He...0-U--29455

I running version 1.2.1, Windows x64
I've tried Hardware and Software modes.
I've tried disabling all the unrecommended speed hacks.
I'm using my actual disc if that matters.

CPU: Core i5-3470
GPU: Radeon 7770 Ghz edition 1GB
8GB DDR3 1600 ram

please post the emulog.txt (you'll find it in mydocsx\pcsx2\logs or in pcsx2 root folder\logs)
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
Alright here's the emuLog.txt:
PCSX2 1.2.1.r5873 - compiled on Feb 3 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8126 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 3.199 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5875.dll
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\lilypad-r5875.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\spu2-x-r5875.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9655 games on record (loaded in 167ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1 1.0)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Opening CDVD
* CDVD: Opening drive '\\.\D:'...
* CDVD: IO thread started...
* CDVD: Disk Type: Double-Layer DVD
* CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 2) (2287632 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
McdSlot 0: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
McdSlot 1: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Found: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
BIOS rom1 module not found, skipping...
BIOS rom2 module not found, skipping...
BIOS erom module not found, skipping...
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_217.40;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_217.40;1) Game CRC = 0xAA001EE5, EntryPoint = 0x00103D08
Overall 0 Widescreen hacks loaded
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to Progressive Scan.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 60.00 fps

Tried a couple other things as well.
Tried disabling speed hacks altogether, no change
Tried switching from AVX to SEE41 (what the tester used) no change.

Also, I've discovered something very interesting. When I go to the video options menu in the game and enable widescreen and progressive scan, it gets past the loading screen and plays the game a couple seconds (showing the crowd), then crashes.

But if I don't bother with the video options, it crashes after some time in the loading screen, before getting to the game at all.
Set your vu rounding mode to "nearest" and see if that helps.

if not try setting gsdx to software renderer
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-18-2014, 12:45 PM)refraction Wrote: Set your vu rounding mode to "nearest" and see if that helps.

if not try setting gsdx to software renderer

Yes, I've been playing in D3D11 software mode for most of this. I also tried changing the software mode settings (extra rendering threads, AA) no change. Also tried other software modes D3D9 and openGL, no change.

And yeah, changing that to nearest go it to not crash, but instead was to slow to play. But, this still doesn't make any sense because that tester, again, here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guitar-He...0-U--29455

Clearly says "EE/VU Clamp modes: Normal/Normal
EE/VU Rounding: Chop/Chop"

So did something change dramatically between the version they used and 1.2.1? What could have possibly changed?
That fix is just a guess because of the engine, i believe the newer guitar heros (before world tour) and tony hawks use the same engine and you need to set the rounding to nearest to get rid of some bugs which could cause crashes, but yeh the graphics will still be a mess in hardware.

It's possible he forgot to change that during his test result, or i could just be wrong. Kinda guessing here ;p

(02-19-2014, 12:15 AM)refraction Wrote: That fix is just a guess because of the engine, i believe the newer guitar heros (before world tour) and tony hawks use the same engine and you need to set the rounding to nearest to get rid of some bugs which could cause crashes, but yeh the graphics will still be a mess in hardware.

It's possible he forgot to change that during his test result, or i could just be wrong. Kinda guessing here ;p

Oh, ah well. Guess I'll just wait for the emulator to get a little more developed then Smile Was worth a try anyway.

I was kinda excited for this because I just found out that the PS3 guitar controllers (mine is the GH5 one) work perfectly fine on PC. Like you just plug it in, it installers drivers and it works. And I just happened to still have this game. Would be cool to play the original 2 games too since they don't work well on PS3.
I GOT IT PLAYABLE!!!! Biggrin Took some fiddling but I think it was worth it Happy

Alright, so I have the VU round mode to nearest, like you said.
With Speedhacks: INTC Spin detection, Wait Loop detection, mVU Flag Hack, MTVU, EE CycleRate=2, VU Cycle Stealing=2
gsdx settings: D3D11 (Hardware), Native resolution, texture filtering

So yeah, with that, 60fps most of the time with occasional, not to annoying lag. And no crashing (so far)

Now the big thing keeping from being playable for a while was the horrendous lag, like that you configure in the game. But, after a while I tried something, and that was to set the video to 0 MS, and the audio to......150 MILLISECONDS!!!! On an actual console like ps3 it usually only needs to set to, like, somewhere in the teens or twenty's. But yeah, after that it feels pretty much like playing on a console! Smile
Sure with the hardware mode there's visual garbage, but none that interferes with gameplay, and is 100% ignorable since nothing shows up on the fret board. And that the only place you look anyway.

So, now I'm curious, what would cause such huge lag/de-synchronization in the emulator? Not that it's a problem since it's fixable, but still curious.
(02-19-2014, 07:46 AM)spyder256 Wrote: So, now I'm curious, what would cause such huge lag/de-synchronization in the emulator? Not that it's a problem since it's fixable, but still curious.

This will.

(02-19-2014, 07:46 AM)spyder256 Wrote: EE CycleRate=2, VU Cycle Stealing=2

(02-19-2014, 10:52 AM)refraction Wrote: This will.

Oh, well that would make sense, hence the "stealing" part of it. But, I've turned off both those hacks and it still needs be set in the 140-150 MS range. And I'm going to keep those off as well since they seem to really help speed much.

Also, a new problem seems to have cropped up. When ever I go to adjust the lag, going from playing a song, pausing, going to the lag menu, changing the setting and exiting, it always freezes at the loading screen (without crashing). (before and after changing the speed hacks I said above) And the log always seems to say something different.

First it's huge string of :
(EE pc:0030FD98) TLB Miss, addr=0x0 [store]
with this at the bottom:
EE: Unrecognized COP0 op 42c80000
EE: Unrecognized op e84f4505
EE: Unrecognized op 1

Then it was just:
EE: Unrecognized op e84f4505
EE: Unrecognized op 11985c
EE: Unrecognized op 1

Then the 3rd time was:
Trap exception at 0x0042488c

And the 4th time it didn't say anything.

Alright so after writing ^that^ I went to try software mode just because, no difference, still freezes, and too slow to play. So sticking to hardware mode. Also tried disabling all speed hacks, no difference.

Also, sorry, this must being getting really annoying Unsure