Guitar Hero V - sound problems
Hi everyone,
First of all, I'm a newbie with PCSX2. This is the first game I tried with it, so it's highly possible that I did something wrong.

I tried Guitar Hero V (PAL) with PCSX2 beta 1888, and I'm experiencing some sound problems. In fact everything's just fine except the music while playing : I don't hear the band and the guitar, just the audience and the "dissonant sounds" when I miss a note. Pretty sad when the music is the main purpose of the game, isn't it ?

I tried to change the sound plugin (following the Official Configuration Guide of this forum):
  • SPU2-X 1.2.0 : no music during songs
  • SPU2-X r2693 : no music during songs
  • P.E.Op.S.SPU2 : black screen after the initial loading
  • ZeroSPU2 r1455 : black screen after the initial loading
  • ZeroSPU2 r2595-dev : black screen after the initial loading

Am I the only one experiencing these problems ? (am I the only one that tried to play this game with PCSX2 ? Laugh )
Has anyone an idea on the reason of my problem ?

Thanks for your help, let me know if you need some extra information about my configuration and stuff. Happy

(and sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

Sponsored links

Config the latest SPU2-X plugin. try to use the best setup for it and experiment it for yourself. I recommend SPU2-X for this game.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Ok, thanks for your help. I tried to configure it but it didn't change anything. Some of the songs are audible but they're much too slow. That's why I thought it might be a graphical issue, but I tried to improve my fps (very poor during a song, about 25 fps) with GSDX configuration (using ZeroGS is even worse) and it didn't change anything, my fps stayed low.
My PC :
Windows 7 32 bits
nVidia GeForce 8600M GT
Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz
Sound card : SigmaTel STAC9205X - High Definition Audio Controller
Well, with a timing sensitive game like this, you'll really want a faster computer.
If the game doesn't reach full speed, it won't be much playable.
Ok, that's what I was afraid of... Thanks for your answers.