HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need some help. I'm a noob at enulation. I'm trying to run metal gear solid 3 on my netbook and the details are a 1.60 ghz processor and 100 gb free space. just respond and ask me for details.

Sponsored links

My processor is like a 6.2 ideally [which could be rare] and yours is like a 6.3 in all situations (assuming it's a dual core).. I only get about 20-30 FPS best on MGS3 even with speedhacks, it's one of the hardest games to emulate [you'll need a 3.2 ghz core 2 duo for full speed]

You sure picked a fine choice... I'm sure you'd at least get 30 FPS.

The integrated GPU on your laptop might bottleneck you though.

Use the GSDX and SPU2-X plugins along with Lilypad.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
Forget running pcsx2 (or any next gen emulator, i.e. dolphin) in netbook, what do you think those toy are made for?
6.2? 6.3? You ARE aware that more cores have nothing to do with frequency (Ghz) right? With your logic hexacores at 3 Ghz are 18 Ghz worth... Especially HT which is virtual cores and not physical ones.

Quote:I need some help. I'm a noob at enulation. I'm trying to run metal gear solid 3 on my netbook and the details are a 1.60 ghz processor and 100 gb free space. just respond and ask me for details.
Being a noob doesn't really explain you not reading any sticky or guide. Read them, configure the emulator properly and run the game. If you have problems post as much info as you can, as opposed to NO info you posted here.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
netbook(very small laptop and very cheap)is not design for gaming including pcsx2.....only design for computer subjects in school,surfing and chats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netbook

get a powerful laptop or a desktop or stay in your PS2 console.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
[quote='Dangerousd777' pid='126284' dateline='1280133221']
My processor is like a 6.2 ideally [which could be rare] and yours is like a 6.3 in all situations (assuming it's a dual core).. I only get about 20-30 FPS best on MGS3 even with speedhacks, it's one of the hardest games to emulate [you'll need a 3.2 ghz core 2 duo for full speed]

You sure picked a fine choice.......

RE: Everytime i try to run it, it says it doesn't support sse4 files
probably because it does not support sse4 albeit it's not related to files but a set of instructions the CPU is able to perform.

@Bositman, I dare to say it's justly what explain not doing all those things Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-26-2010, 09:53 PM)andy52709 Wrote: [quote='Dangerousd777' pid='126284' dateline='1280133221']

You sure picked a fine choice.......

RE: Everytime i try to run it, it says it doesn't support sse4 files

Use the SSE2 version of GSDX or it won't work.

And P4 is a *lot* slower than Core 2, so those proportions are probably incorrect, the difference is probably a lot bigger, but as others said in my FFX thread there are often limitations in software code which slightly prevent some scaling in speed even with faster processors.

I presume at this point you just want to see some games working (even if they're half speed or somewhere above, 40+ FPS is playable to be honest), so GSDX 846 0.1.9 SSE2 will help graphics-wise.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
PCSX2 + Netbook = FAIL (especially with MGS3)

Not only due to the low CPU clock rate, but also the weak graphics card. I wanna say you probably have an Intel GMA of some sort.

Try some 2D games or highly compatible ones (like FFX) for best results.
(07-27-2010, 01:09 AM)Rezard Wrote: PCSX2 + Netbook = FAIL (especially with MGS3)

Not only due to the low CPU clock rate, but also the weak graphics card. I wanna say you probably have an Intel GMA of some sort.

Try some 2D games or highly compatible ones (like FFX) for best results.

Indeed this is correct, I also recommend updating your Intel or Nvidia drivers which will give some optimizations and performance improvements which should help your netbook adjust a little better to these games.

You might also want to update DirectX 9, if you have Windows 7, 10 and 11 as well.
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin