[HELP] Cant play!
hi.. i cant play because no matter what settings all the games are playing slow.
what settings i need?

i have a laptop HP Pavilion dv6
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel Core i7 Q 720 1.60Ghz
RAM 6 GB
Graphic Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

using PCSX2 0.9.9.5032 (SVN)

i have tried alots of games like Ratchet and Clank 3,Jak 3,Shadow of the Colossus,Tekken Tag Tournament and many more... all playing slow.

thanks for helping...

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Edited my post.
A fair amount of those game are on the intense side, I had that CPU in my previous notebook but with a much better HD 5730 1GB mobility GPU, its quite good when turbo starts to engage in it, are you using HW or SW mode? Cause of the weaker GPU I am going to recommend you using SW mode with 6 threads, 7 at absolute max if MTVU is off but still might have thread clashing in many games, with MTVU on in a EE/VU intense game even 5 render threads could be faster, experiment with it. If using HW mode you must use native resolution with that GPU.

But with SW mode on that CPU even at 6 threads turbo should come in a little, up to 1.7-1.85 GHz hopefully. Also enable the speedhacks that say "recommended" if all else fails to get decent speed.
-Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 GHz
-GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 5
-G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 14-13-13-30-1T
-EVGA GTX 970 4GB @ 1380/1853 MHz
-Crucial MX100 512GB, Silicon Power S60 120GB, Toshiba 2TB 7200 RPM
-PC P & C Silencer 750 Quad
-Windows 7 x64

-----

-Core i7 4710MQ
-16GB DDR3 1866
-GTX 965M 4GB @ 1127/1353 MHz
-Mushkin ECO2 240GB, HGST 1TB 7200 RPM
-Windows 7 x64
Your processor is relatively slow, even if it is Turbo Boosting @ 2.4Ghz on 2 cores (...is it boosting?).

Some games may be playable, especially with the help of some Speedhacks (...are you using?).

Unfortunately-- Those games you have mentioned are all rather heavy games to run, and your laptop (more a CPU issue) will not run them very well.
im new in all of it... what is it SW or HW mode? and what is that Turbo Boosting?
Software mode and Hardware mode are different rendering methods.

Hardware mode is the standard, and will work best/fastest in an ideal situation (when graphical errors don't plague the particular game). It utilizes your CPU and GPU.

Software mode is an alternative that only utilizes your CPU. In turn, it should be obvious why it can be slower, but games are less likely to have graphical errors. (Note: SW mode is restricted to native resolution.)

Have a read through the configuration guide to learn some more of the basics. Smile
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide

Turbo Boost is not a part of the emulator, but rather a feature of your processor. Simply put, if less cores/threads than are available in total see a large load, the processor may disable those not used to allow those in use to run at a higher clockrate.

Maybe you could just download this and see what yours is doing when emulating. Smile
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...ldID=19105
those 4 games you selected are "Megathrust" demanding w/c means you need nearly 10 folds of the power of your laptop.
you better give up using you laptop and transfer to your real desktop w/ around 5Ghz or rather stay on your actual ps2

some lighter games like 2d fighting games can run on your laptop i already tried it because we have exactly the same as my laptop specs and the brand as well.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel