HELP I cannot Uninstall Pcsx2
(04-11-2013, 05:52 AM)napy666 Wrote: And WHAT if the program is still listed under my programs list?

There is a lesson to be taken from all this. you should have asked WHAT is this I'm installing first place. Maybe that click-2u site is the place to get the answer for your WHATs, there is a chance some whys are learned meanwhile.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Malwarebytes is good but I think it doesnt detect all types of viruses.

Try to get new Anti Virus (try some of the free ones like AVAST, ignore Microsoft Essentials....), disable your current one and once you have updated your new one, try scanning again.

Sometimes really bad viruses can make your AV work improperly and make itself undetected.

Why did you uninstal PCSX2 ? Did you suspect something ? When did you instal PCSX2 ? If you did it just recently, you could also try system restore to an earlier point before you installed this "package". I think you can only go 1 week backwards.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(04-11-2013, 07:21 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Malwarebytes is good but I think it doesnt detect all types of viruses.

Try to get new Anti Virus (try some of the free ones like AVAST, ignore Microsoft Essentials....), disable your current one and once you have updated your new one, try scanning again.

Sometimes really bad viruses can make your AV work improperly and make itself undetected.

Why did you uninstal PCSX2 ? Did you suspect something ? When did you instal PCSX2 ? If you did it just recently, you could also try system restore to an earlier point before you installed this "package". I think you can only go 1 week backwards.

yeah,this is a good suggestion.if nothing working for you.try system restore before u installed pcsx2.also scan for affected programs,while doing system restore.so u should know which programs will be affected!!
(04-11-2013, 05:52 AM)napy666 Wrote: And WHAT if the program is still listed under my programs list?

Are you even listening to our suggestions?
Deleted everything and the program is still listed in the programs section and still says the same message when I try to uninstall it.
I again deleted every little thing and the program STILL IS NOT REMOVED.
I managed to finally remove that program.
While I have nothing personally against Antivirus software, I do feel that it's existence promotes careless internet practices. I've been dealing with computers for over 22 years and have never ran an AV program on my computer. The only time I've ever had to deal with a virus is removing it from someone else's computer that had all those 'safeguards'. The rule of thumb is: If it even looks a little suspicious, just get the hell out of there, especially in today's day and age. There is nothing you can download that is worth the headache, and perhaps destruction, that any type of 'shady' software can cause. Hope you learned something from this. Smile