HELP I cannot Uninstall Pcsx2
I get these messages when trying to uninstall the program from my program control panel.

[Image: 10gkzo9.jpg]

[Image: 28dpi.jpg]

I am running Windows 7 on an HP laptop.

Sponsored links

What is that web address there? Click-2U? What the hell is that? I don't see anything in there that even states that it is PCSX2. It sure the hell wouldn't have Playstation 2 Emulator in the title bar.
Perhaps some unscupulous website had a pcsx2 build with a side order of trojan included.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(04-11-2013, 04:52 AM)DragonSyn Wrote: What is that web address there? Click-2U? What the hell is that? I don't see anything in there that even states that it is PCSX2. It sure the hell wouldn't have Playstation 2 Emulator in the title bar.

(04-11-2013, 04:57 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Perhaps some unscupulous website had a pcsx2 build with a side order of trojan included.

That's what I think it looks like some sort of fake emulator you got.

See:

[Image: f7r7K96.png]

napy666: I suggest that you first download and run Malware Bytes (here) or alternatively you can run a virus scan with whatever AV Suite you have (if you don't have one get one). That should remove it (if it is malicious).

In the future make sure you only download PCSX2 from the official site. Good luck.
(04-11-2013, 05:02 AM)Scootaloo Wrote: That's what I think it looks like some sort of fake emulator you got.

See:

[Image: f7r7K96.png]

napy666: I suggest that you first download and run Malware Bytes (here) or alternatively you can run a virus can with whatever AV Suite you have (if you don't have one get one). That should remove it (if it is malicious).

In the future make sure you only download PCSX2 from the official site. Good luck.

I removed the program from the programs folder but the program is still being listed under my control panel uninstall programs list'

[Image: 2a69lhx.jpg]
Definitely use some sort of AV like Scoot suggested. If that doesn't work, try CCleaner.
Download a program called Malwarebytes. Get and install the FREE version. Run it and see what it finds. Hopefully this will fix things. Later get and download CCleaner and run the registry fix through it.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
And WHAT if the program is still listed under my programs list?
you could manually delete the relevant registry entry.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-11-2013, 05:52 AM)napy666 Wrote: And WHAT if the program is still listed under my programs list?

do this,first go to view options in organize menu-tick show hidden files and folders.then search for the folder where u installed it.delete the contents of the program folder & folder also.go to users,u'r user name-temp & dlete everything in temp folder.if it show some files not deleted,skip them.search everywhere see if any contents of the program left in any place,delete them.then go to control panel again,right click on that program & click uninstall.if an error occured,do u want to remove it from list,click yes.u have to remove everything related to the program,usually they're in program files,program data folder in c drive.then u'll be able to remove it from add/remove programs list in control panel.