HELP! Setting Config for 1.4 Update!
Hey! It's been a long time and I'm trying to play Dragon Ball Budokai 3 at perfect 60 FPS.
A long long time ago it stayed at 55 FPS all the time, but now it goes to 30-35 all the time during gameplay...

Here's my computer: 
CPU Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
Max Speed: 2.10 GHz
RAM: 6 GB (5 usable)
System type: 64 bit / x64 based processor
Sockets: 1
Cores: 4
Logical Processors: 4
Virtualization: off
Hyper-V Support: Yes
L1 Cache: 320 KB
L2 Cache: 8.0 MB

I've tried TONS of different combinations to try speeding things up. My current has main menus, pausing, and cutscenes at 55-60 FPS, but ACTUAL gameplay is 30-45 at best.
PLEASE help! Thanks!

Sponsored links

Do you have the MTVU speedhack enabled and have you tried moving around the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing sliders on the speedhacks tab?
(09-03-2016, 03:42 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Do you have the MTVU speedhack enabled and have you tried moving around the EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing sliders on the speedhacks tab?

Yes.
And yes, I've tried different arrangements there.

My current arrangement made things very strange... According to my FPS, its now going 55-60 FPS like I wanted, BUT the gameplay is still VISUALLY moving at the same low FPS.
???

I might upload a youtube video showing an example of everything later too.
Yes, that's a known side effect of speedhacks. Sometimes it can show false FPS, so it looks like it's full speed when it's not.

If you managed close to full speed a long time ago, you should probably try older versions. They're less advanced(so less demanding) and that could be the reason why you managed close to 60 FPS back then. Or your previous laptop/PC was better suited for PCSX2 demands.
(09-04-2016, 01:54 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Yes, that's a known side effect of speedhacks. Sometimes it can show false FPS, so it looks like it's full speed when it's not.

If you managed close to full speed a long time ago, you should probably try older versions. They're less advanced(so less demanding) and that could be the reason why you managed close to 60 FPS back then. Or your previous laptop/PC was better suited for PCSX2 demands.

I see.

I thought getting newer would make it better... :/
I had 1.0 and it sucked. 1.2 is the one that worked when I first got it, then later started to suck out of no where.....

Never switched laptops.
Newer is better in terms of less bugs and more effects, but that also means it can be more demanding.

If you're using OpenGL as renderer, you might want to try Direct3D 11 and 9 instead.
(09-04-2016, 02:20 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Newer is better in terms of less bugs and more effects, but that also means it can be more demanding.

If you're using OpenGL as renderer, you might want to try Direct3D 11 and 9 instead.

I use Direct3D11 Hardware.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD5MpjuX...e=youtu.be