HOLY CRAAAP! make it work...
Shocked 
okay, i am brand new to the PS2 emulator world, but i am pretty thorough in my research. i downloaded the full version package of PCSX2 with all the plug-ins and the directx package and C++ install crap, i saved it to my computer, ran it after the complete download, mapped my PS2 bios like it asked me to, and i used all the default plug-ins, because according to the guide, those will work, tried to run Final Fantasy XII iso and PCSX2 keeps "encountering a problem, and needs to close"...

i have tried several different plugins and configurations, i left all the ee, and vu stuff to the compatible defaults, and i have set up a psone emulator on my cpu before and had it working with no issues. it seems that no matter which graphic plug-in i choose, or which direct3d mode (9 or 10) (hardware or software) i choose, the game just will not run and PCSX2 crashes. i know it isnt the iso, because i tried it on my friends laptop, and it worked.

here is my laptop info:
ASUS G72GX
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA 1GB Video Card
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64bit
i also have the turbo gear graphics accelerator, and tried it at 15% overclocking as well.
everytime i try to load the FFXII iso it starts to open it, it says "warning ELF does not have a path, initializing plug-ins, initiliazed succesfully, opening plugins...gs pad spu2 cdvd, detected block size= 2048, iso open... FFXII.iso ok, the iso has 1984928 blocks (size 2048), the iso offset is 0 and block offset is 24, cdvd disk open, track 1: data (mode 1) (1984928 sectors) (IsoFS) block 0x10: primary partition info...plugins opened successfully" then it says:
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Version 2.0
Load Bios Warning: rom1 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: rom2 module not found, skipping...(this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: erom module not found, skipping...(this is not an error)
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limt Changed : 59.94 fps
...then it says that a problem caused the program to stop functioning properly and it makes me close it.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Is the iso not loading correctly, or are my plugins misconfigured, or is my cpu not able to run this emulator??? Maybe my PS2 bios arent compatible?
ANY HELP???

Sponsored links

If running an ISO file: Dismount the ISO from any program like daemon tools etc. Then CDVD->Choose ISO, then ISO selector->Browse, find your ISO and System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
If running from a DVD disc: CDVD set to "Plugin", Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->On CDVD choose Gigaherz CDVD->Configure it and choose your proper DVDrom drive letter and finally System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-11-2010, 12:03 AM)Bositman Wrote: If running an ISO file: Dismount the ISO from any program like daemon tools etc. Then CDVD->Choose ISO, then ISO selector->Browse, find your ISO and System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)
If running from a DVD disc: CDVD set to "Plugin", Config->Plugin/BIOS selector->On CDVD choose Gigaherz CDVD->Configure it and choose your proper DVDrom drive letter and finally System->Boot CD/DVD (fast)

it isn't mounted, i made it with power iso, but i havent mounted it to a virtual drive. i know how to get it to boot up in the emulator, it just doesnt work when i use fast, and when i choose full, it crashes. on fast though, i see nothing but black screen and the log shows:
(EE pc:80082000) TLB Miss, addr=0x7ffffffc [load]
then it shows that again with [store] at the end instead and then:
branch 53554c53 in delay slot!
Trap exception at 0x81100014
You're loading the game correctly when it says this stuff:
Code:
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Version 2.0
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limt Changed : 59.94 fps

If you're using GSdx, try setting it to DX10 mode (select "dx10 hardware" under "renderer").