Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOLY SMOKE NEW MTVU HACK
with http://img.techpowerup.org/110828/Capture034.jpg
100 fps? FROM 47
without http://img.techpowerup.org/110828/Capture035.jpg
O_O i have a dual core... so wtf is this

OH AND OMG. i forgot i had to limited to 200 on turbo limit raised to 1000 i get this
http://img.techpowerup.org/110828/Capture037.jpg

Sponsored links

That's a scene where GS thread usage is low so there's enough room for the VU thread too, other scenes where it's higher you will see a lower speedup in a dual core and might even get slowdowns instead.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
yeah very LOW usage go fight the colossus and see the FPS then
i recently beat gow2 using the MTVU speedhack.
it basically made the game playable for me with my 2.7ghz q6600 (using the 2 recommended EE speedhacks, and the 2 other mVU speedhacks).
i didn't get full speed all the time but the game ran fast enough to make the game enjoyable.

8-bit texture option in gsdx also gave me a bit of a speedup (although this same option slows down gow1 for me).
i think the game was always a speedup with MTVU on my quadcore; on dual cores i imagine MTVU can be a slowdown in some GS heavy scenes like shadowlady said.

i could get huge fps gains by using VU cycle stealing + MTVU. but VU cycle stealing causes occasional garbage in GOW2, and also makes the game animation un-smooth. i instead found it nicer to play w/o the VU cycle stealing hack so i could get smooth animation.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(08-28-2011, 11:19 PM)abdo123 Wrote: yeah very LOW usage go fight the colossus and see the FPS then

u mean solid 70 fps during collusus? then yes SOO LAGGY
(08-29-2011, 01:39 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: i recently beat gow2 using the MTVU speedhack.
it basically made the game playable for me with my 2.7ghz q6600 (using the 2 recommended EE speedhacks, and the 2 other mVU speedhacks).
i didn't get full speed all the time but the game ran fast enough to make the game enjoyable.

8-bit texture option in gsdx also gave me a bit of a speedup (although this same option slows down gow1 for me).
i think the game was always a speedup with MTVU on my quadcore; on dual cores i imagine MTVU can be a slowdown in some GS heavy scenes like shadowlady said.

i could get huge fps gains by using VU cycle stealing + MTVU. but VU cycle stealing causes occasional garbage in GOW2, and also makes the game animation un-smooth. i instead found it nicer to play w/o the VU cycle stealing hack so i could get smooth animation.
I only use the mtvu hack, none else, then again i am on a overclocked system so..
(08-29-2011, 01:27 PM)thatwasonce Wrote: u mean solid 70 fps during collusus? then yes SOO LAGGY
I only use the mtvu hack, none else, then again i am on a overclocked system so..

70 FPS ?
LAGGY !

did you play with the frame rate
This sounds like I have to get a newer version of the SVN to test this out with something like MGS3.
[Image: 1817164.png]
E8400 @ Stock, 4GB DDR3-1066, XFX HD4670, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
E5700 @ 4GHz, ASUS P5Q-EM DO, 2GB DDR2-1002, Coolermaster Elite 460W
The biggest slowdowns in MGS3 are due to the GS plugin in cutscenes and in that case you won't see speedups (actually might get slowdowns in dual core), should get speedups ingame tho (but it's already pretty fast there Tongue2).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Really, I had the opposite happen to me in MGS3 (Slowdown in game vs in Cut scenes) I wasn't going to make a topic about it because everyone knows how slow any scene with water is. Setting VU Cycle Stealing fixes the cut scenes for me really well.
[Image: 1817164.png]
E8400 @ Stock, 4GB DDR3-1066, XFX HD4670, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
E5700 @ 4GHz, ASUS P5Q-EM DO, 2GB DDR2-1002, Coolermaster Elite 460W
on my quad, i get huge speedgains in-game in mgs3 where you're moving through the grass. from 20~45% speedup.
i didn't really test further in the game; the beginning cutscene i think was also a speedup.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code