HORRIBLE Sound With 2.2GHZ Single Core But Good Cards
When Im Playing Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie(In The Loading Menu's And Movies) The Sound Sounds Like An 8-bit Soundcard Mixed With TV Static. Or Like A Sound Related Decoding Error

The FPS Was Hovering Between 55 And 25, The CPU is The Only Bad Thing About My Rig

AMD Athlon 64 2.2GHZ Single Core
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Go! Pro USB
2GB Of RAM

I Couldent Care Less About Improving The Graphics, I Just Wanna Match PS2, Or Even Sacrifice A Little(Not Alot). My SoundCard Has

24-Bit Audio(In use, This Came To mind As A Problem).EAX 5 And THX 1290.

All EAX And THX Affects Are Off. And Beforce People Start Cursing My CPU, I Can Get 2010 EA Games To Run At Ultra, And EA Isnt Known For Effeciency.

Please Help, I Really Wanna Play My Games That Dont Have Reverse Compatibility With A PS1 Controller, And I Also Dont Have A Memory(I Barely Have A PS2, Unless To Call A Dirt-Covered PS2 With A Missing Front Panel, That I Got For 5 Bucks At A Yard Sale) .The PS2 Does Work, But I Just Like PC Gaming

PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I Got 24 New PS2 Games So If Someone Will Help Me Get The Soundworking Right, I Will List Compatibility Updates for The Ones That Are Out Of Date. I Dont Have Much Time To Fix Problems Now Days Because Im Leading A JKA Gaming Clan Along Side The Other Leaders.So I Figured Somebody Here HAS To Have Seen This Before

Sponsored links

(08-03-2013, 08:00 PM)KyleKatarn Wrote: ... And Beforce People Start Cursing My CPU, I Can Get 2010 EA Games To Run At Ultra...

but that's the whole point. your cpu is too weak for pcsx2. you'd need atleast somewhat of a dual core in the 2.5Ghz region to play some good games kinda fluid this emulation thing needs alot more power then what a pc game does. that's what it is. Closedeyes
Yeah, your CPU is holding you back, and your GPU isn't anything amazing either. The Athlon 64 was a beast processor in its day, especially the dual-core variants, but PCSX2 demands modern CPU's that can pack a punch. You'd need to get a new motherboard and a new processor.
Well, Can Ya Tell Me How To Unsync The Sound? So LIke It Keeps Playing Even If The Video's Not Caught Up, Or Tell Me Good Settings For 30FPS? Graphics Isnt In My List Of Concerns

And On WWE SVR 2009, It Goes To Menu, And Plays Fine For 1-2 Seconds, Then Slows Down, But The FPS Is The Same? And Why Cant Someone Make Hardware Sound? Ive Seen The Specs Of The SPU, It Wouldent Take A Rocket Scientist
And Im Use to PSX Emulation, So If You Can Explain It To Me In A Way That I Could Understand,That Would Be Cool. Also, The Only Comp I Could Get Is A 2.4GHZ Laptop With An AMD Radeon 7550 512MB, And Its 250 Dollers Where I Live, They Dont Sell Towers At The Walmarts Around Here

And All Games Are Getting Higher FPS Ingame Then In Menu? How Does That Make Sense
SVR2009

Menu=25FPS
Game=30-40

My Aunt Might Let Me Use Her Laptop Though

Intel Dual Core(Actual Dual_Core NOT A Pentium D) And A GMA4500(10 Unified 500MHZ Shader 3.0)
Also My OS Is Windows XP Service PAck 2(I Have Such A Damaged Back-Up That i Used To Restore, Updating To Service Pack 3 Just Causes A Blue Screen)

2.2GHZ
The emulation involves translating the internal functioning of an alien hardware to what PC can understand and execute, this alone tells the difference from native PC applications which don't need that translation beforehand.

Besides, the power of the emulated machine plays a role as well, of course is less demanding to emulate a simpler and slower machine, so no wonder emulating SNES, PS1 and so on to be less demanding (and explains why emulating PS3 is not going to happen so soon if at all for current high level PCs).

Although PCSX2 is not really multithreaded, it uses one core for emulating GS, another core to emulate EE and remaining PS2 components (plus a third core for the GUI but not that demanding). So, to put the emulation over one only core claims for a very, very powerful and fast one, far above that 2.2 threshold.

PS: To make it worse, each game has it's own demanding on the machine, exactly like different PC games have different minimal requirements as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Quote:The Only Comp I Could Get Is A 2.4GHZ Laptop With An AMD Radeon 7550 512MB, And Its 250 Dollers Where I Live, They Dont Sell Towers At The Walmarts Around Here

any more info on the cpu? is it a dual core? perhaps new? i don't ask where it comes from. but 250 bucks is pretty cheap if it's got a valueable cpu. if it's got a 7550er radeon it's probably worth something.

you gotta post what the core is. generally some real specs. maybe we can help you. Smile
I Have A MASSIVE And I Mean MASSIVE Aluminium/Copper Heat Sink(Its The Size Of A Stack Of 30 DVDS Except Wider) On My CPU, Would 2.8GHZ Overclock Be Enough? And Also, The Laptop Has An AMD A6 And Even Worse Its An APU(Proccesor And Graphics Combined) And With Only 512MB Of VRAM, I Couldent Max Out Skyrim Like With A Desktop(My 1GB Has The VRAM, But Not The CORE).

Also, If They Dont Improve The System Requirements, Down To A Modest Level(No Game Should Ever Have A Minnimum Higher Than 2.0GHZ And A 6600 And 1GB Ram), Im Gonna Write The S*****est Review Ever For This Emu On Every Site I Can Think Of

And How Can 2.2GHZ Not Emulate The 400-500MHZ(Forgot What The Exact Was) Emotion Engine. Thats 5 And A Half Times The Power, And GPU And SPU Emulation Is All Hardware Right?(Other Than The 200MHZ Devoted To The 2 Of Them) Also, Why Not Use CUDA, 48 Cores At 1410MHZ Equals 54GHZ, Why Throw It Away

And Also, I Will NEVER Switch Computers, Ive Had This Thing Since I Was 9.Its My Most Prized Possesion, I Havent Bathed In Weeks, Brushed In A Year, Or Gone OutSide In 2 Weeks, All I Do Is Play Video Games

And Also, I Will NEVER Switch Computers, Ive Had This Thing Since I Was 9.Its My Most Prized Possesion, I Havent Bathed In Weeks, Brushed In A Year, Or Gone OutSide In 2 Weeks, All I Do Is Play Video Games
Quote:Also, If They Dont Improve The System Requirements, Down To A Modest Level(No Game Should Ever Have A Minnimum Higher Than 2.0GHZ And A 6600 And 1GB Ram), Im Gonna Write The S*****est Review Ever For This Emu On Every Site I Can Think Of

You can go ahead prick. First you come here asking for help then blackmail writing a bad review? Go away and do not come back. Get your fossil PC with you as well.
[Image: newsig.jpg]