HOW TO USE AN ISO FILE(extracted from an original CD)?
i noticed that my CDs are being scratched,so to avoid losing them,i made iso files(using FOLDER2ISO and nero8).but the main problem is that pcsx2 STOPS WORKING when i try to load an iso ,so here is what i'm wondering about :
is that even possible?what plugins should be used?,how to configure them correctly?AND BASICLY; HOW TO LOAD AN ISO(and,consider that im an elite idiot,so explain clearly, please)

and i should make this clear, I4M NOT ASKING FOR ISOs or a place to download them, as i already have the original CDs(working fine btw)

vista ultimate, directx10(updated feb 2010), pcsx2 20.9.6
4gb ram,quad core q9550 cpu, 2.83
1gb of dedicated Graphic memory,nvidia 9400 gt +1781mb of shared system memory
feel free to talk, as i know something or two about programming...
and one more thing,could some one PLEASE tell me the use of DUMP files, i thought they were like CAB or something,it annoys me as they are showing up with considered sizes(101MB,481MB...),afraid to delete them,also hearing that they are used in playing, how?

please excuse my english Wink

Sponsored links

Start by using a proper program.
imgburn (http://www.imgburn.com) is free,fast and failsafe. After you create an ISO image of your game with the write image to disc function of imgburn, simply select Linuz ISO as CDVD plugin in PCSX2, configure it, point it to your ISO file and run it by using File->Run CD/DVD
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Goto Config>Configure then locate the cdvdrom dropdown box and select linuz iso cdvd plugin. Then goto File>Run Iso Image and browse to your iso file.
You can read about it in the guide aswell.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
so the problem is with the software i'm using to create isos?
Probably. These dump and cab files, no idea what they are. Any decent ISO creating program creates just the ISO file and maybe an extra .cue file.
what about their size?
Size varies from disc to disc and game to game so I can't tell. Just get imgburn and do it, should take about 5 mins.
IT LOADS FINE BUT THE GAME DOESN4T START,? AND THE DISC LOOKS PURPLE...
THX,alot!!! it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,but i still couldn't make a propre iso file from files i already have on the hard disc,it doesn't matter , thx for great support and help,
What game is it? And what do you mean "the disc looks purple"?

Also please don't use caps lock on =/

Edit: nvm...Glare
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850