Hard to see the guard indicator in AT2
Does anyone else have this problem with Ar Tonelico 2
I'm using pcsx2-r5128 and for some reason it's really hard to see the indicator(when I'm guarding)unless I increase the brightness and contrast on my monitor to max(and it's still not as visible as when I play it on my PS2)

I know that there are options to control the brightness and contrast from GSdx but do I really have to use them.
The new sprite hack does not fix this problem(it's ok in software mode...in hardware mode is hard to see dark green)

Sponsored links

Never had a problem with it. Unless you mean the green line, which is not than important. But! It's indeed wrong in HW for some reason.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Yes,it's exactly about that green line and it's real problem if you can't see it because...well,you'll see the Game Over screen very soon if you can't see it.
It's different color and hard to see in hardware mode.

BTW with ZeroGS is extremely slow but without any special settings,the line is as visible as on GSdx software mode
Is not a real problem at all. I never lost a battle because of it, and I get perfects very often. You just need to time the flow of it, because it changes depending on the enemy and the attack. Once you're familiar with the patterns, you'll rarely miss one.
Get IPD with Guard++ or above ASAP, it made the game a joke after you do so. Tongue2
You can get perfect as long as you can actually see the indicator.
On my PS2,my Average Rank is S with more than 5000 perfects(at the end of the game)

In hardware mode I almost can see it only when it's over the red lines.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

But it's a line, just a line. You can still totally see the green gradient, even without the green highlight. Most likely you just got dependant on it. So either get used to it on hardware mode, play software mode or stop playing until it gets fixed if ever.

I guess you could also use the external shader build, and make a shader that turns the dark green line into bright green. Might end up a bit weird though.
Ah I see, so that's what it look like on proper PS2. This game came out when I already shelved mine and pcsx2 could play it (seemingly) perfectly before so I never bothered to check it.

And I never said it's not possible without guard++, it just make things easier if you think not having that line make the game harder. Though I suppose this is a valid GSDX HW problem.
(04-02-2012, 05:43 PM)KrossX Wrote: You can still totally see the green gradient, even without the green highlight.

No I can't,that's the whole point of the thread...I can't see the indicator because it's way too dark green.I don't know when to actually guard because I can't see the indicator unless I use software mode or increase the brightness and contrast on my monitor to max(and it's still not as visible as on my PS2 or when I use software mode)

With the brightness and contrast settings I use,in software mode is ok but in hardware mode,I don't see it at all.

Edit:What I'm pointing...I don't see it(including the green line infront)unless I use software mode or increase the brightness and contrast to max

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So you have some sort of color blindess? I could try to make you the shader I mentioned if so. Or another shader that switches your affected color or so, into a range you can see it nicely.