Hardware Mode Extra Rendering Threads
software mode uses extra rendering threads to speed up emulation and it works great for me but i was wondering could there ever be HW extra rendering threads to speed up hardware mode even more for some people that have great gpus but dont get up to crack speed and speed hacks ruin emulation for alot of games so i was wondering would HW ERT be doable?Unsure

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is limited mostly by CPU, not GPU. The benefits may be minimal and I'd imagine a lot of work would have to go into it.
Software Mode uses extra Rendering Thread of the CPU to render. The GPU is not used in the process of rendering. Tongue2
I don't think GPU have something so-called threads. It has a Processor and shaders with raster operators.
More Multi-Threading is possible with CUDA but pcsx2 hates parallel threads which CUDA uses.

Software Thread makes faster for you because you probably have a quad-core PC or high with 4 to 8 threads free.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
Hardware rendering uses a different concept of rendering. It cannot use more CPU cores and it wouldn't make much difference to begin with.
There's a bit of multithreading going on in D3D and the whole plugin runs on the MTGS thread, so yea, we're doing the best we can already Tongue2
so we can we have more GPU "threads' Corssfire/SLI or basically a Dual core GPU ?
It will be best if Nvidia/ATI made a Profile for PCSX2 SLI/Crossfire. Also, no plugin is designed for SLI/Crossfire. sigh...
(08-18-2012, 02:00 PM)recoder Wrote: It will be best if Nvidia/ATI made a Profile for PCSX2 SLI/Crossfire. Also, no plugin is designed for SLI/Crossfire. sigh...

hmm they will probably do after seeing the 2 million Downloads but they don't Laugh
Also, I heard that Sony and Nvidia had tied up for PS3. So, I think Nvidia will never make such thing. Tongue2
Catalyst has AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe