Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Questions
I've recently purchased a new laptop, so I decided to give this a spin with my copies of Dark Cloud and KoF 2003.

These are my specs:

Summary
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 740QM @ 1.73GHz 58 °C
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 658MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. N61Jq (Socket 989)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor @ 1366x768
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
Hard Drives
488GB Seagate ST9500420AS (SATA) 34 °C
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I just simply used Summary mode of Speccy, so I can provide more info if needed.

I'm apparently able to run King of Fighters 2003 at full speed, but with some annoying vertical lines down the screen. Also, the character select screen has a lower framerate (something around 20 or so). Playing is perfectly fine besides the vertical lines.

Dark Cloud, I've only been able to get to run at around 40-50 Frames Per Second

These are my current configurations. Anyone have any tips to making these faster?:

[Image: PCSX2Configs.png]

Sponsored links

Try using a resolution of 1200x for the vertical lines.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-11-2010, 11:17 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try using a resolution of 1200x for the vertical lines.

Thanks for the suggestion, but after trying it, I haven't seen any changes at all.

And anything for the framerate issues, or should I just try some other games out first and see if anything runs correctly?
Hmmm... I guess checking "native" could fix both issues.

Try the latest beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-12-2010, 10:39 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Hmmm... I guess checking "native" could fix both issues.

Try the latest beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

I'll try that later on today then.

And if it's the 0.9.7 version, I actually tried that one first. I haven't tried it with Dark Cloud though yet.

Any idea on how to set it up to use multiple cores in 0.9.7?
It uses 2 cores by default on .9.7.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
(11-15-2010, 01:29 AM)Hungry Man Wrote: It uses 2 cores by default on .9.7.

Thanks. I haven't gotten the other games to run any better unfortunately.

However, I took Star Ocean 3 for a spin, and battles seem ok, along with most walking.

Getting near large amounts of bright objects slows it down a bit, and so does zooming in and out, either just due to the current map, or cutscenes. Wondering if there's anything I can do about that now o.o
I know you should be able to play Dark cloud full speed, I was on PAL, set the affinity for Pcsx2 just to cores 0+1 and turn off all other cores for any apps that seem to be using your CPU so you should get a dual core turbo boost to around 2.5Ghz which is fine fine fine for Dark Cloud with the nehalem architecture.
CPU: i9 20Ghz 40-core
GPU: GTX 129000 in Octo-SLI
RAM: 64GB DDREKT69
Monitor: 800x600 15" CRT
Now is this Dark Cloud 1 or 2?

I no longer have a copy of 1, so until I find a cheap one at Gamestop, I won't be trying anytime soon.

Oddly enough, I got Star Ocean running rather well.

Speeds seem to drop to about 52-4ish FPS in busy areas, but battles seemed to have flowed nicely so far (only got through to the first save point, I was mostly testing things in the room next to the battle simulator on Hyda, seeing as that was where I first noticed major slowdown due to stuff on screen.). Sound of course lags to fit the framerate, so I just plop in my, "I feel like playing an RPG" playlist, and turn the in-game sound off and I'm golden.

Other than that, I figure I'll test some other games out and see what happens.