Hardware and Software Rendering Problem
So I'm having a problem that is very unusual. In hardware mode, my games are rendered very differently than software. Okami is like a different game. Software mode looks like it should, but I can't run games smoothly in software mode. I've posted some screens to show the differences. Even the brush in Okami is totally different...no sepia tone and no workbench type thing even appears. Also, buildings and other objects don't render properly until I am right next to them-they are mostly black and flickering at a distance. I have this problem with Shadow of the Colossus also, so it's not just a one game thing, and it happened in Windows XP as well as windows 7 in DX9 and DX10 modes. Anyone have a similar problem with their games and any solutions? And I am using GSDX ssse3, because ZeroGS doesn't work at all.                

Sponsored links

GSDX Hardware mode still has many issues. I don't know exactly what's this all about, but there are tens if not hundreds of discussions about games being rendered correctly only in software mode.
The difference you see there is the 'post-processing' effects which have been removed from hardware rendering. If these were on,the speed you'd get on hardware mode would be so low you wouldn't be able to play the game. Nothing you can do for this at this time...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-14-2009, 01:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: The difference you see there is the 'post-processing' effects which have been removed from hardware rendering. If these were on,the speed you'd get on hardware mode would be so low you wouldn't be able to play the game. Nothing you can do for this at this time...

Oh, so it's actually completely disabled right now? And I guess that explains why Shadow of the Colossus looks fine, because it has no post proc effects. Maybe I'll just play it in software mode at 25fps... O.O
I'm not that thrilled with the effect it gives on Okami to tell the truth,so I had no problem playing it this way...game looks amazing anyway
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah, it's not too big of a deal because I'm playing at 1440 x 900 and it looks soooooo good, I had no idea it looked this good. It's just the junk is annoying and that palette doesn't even show up.. Sad but I'll live. Just about to finish the first village, man I love the combat and everything.