Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hardware and Software with PATH 3 Masking
Have you ever played a game when texture are bugged and look corrupt well even in the new version of the pcsx2 there are still SOME games that still have improper mapping like all the Jak and Daxter games and ratchet series but i noticed that using software mode fixes it and i have messed around in jak games with GS plugin and did a temperary eye fix because the game uses bit map eye, skin and hair animations but hair and skin is when shadows are cast on it to change but why software mode have fixed path 3 is it the fact that hardware mode has different timings from what i herd about in the blog by REFRACTION and will it ever be fixed?

Sponsored links

As i told you, those errors are NOT Path3 masking issues. They are incompatibilities with directx and the GS, they might be fixed in the future but it requires huge rewrites of gsdx even if it is possible.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
There's a lot that can go wrong with emulating PS2 games but at this point we've taken care of almost all PCSX2 side bugs.
The remaining bigger issues are with GS emulation.
Since the GS is so hard to emulate accurately at acceptable speed, it takes so long to get it right.
Means rama needs someone to buy him coffee and donuts for a few months :3
well sorry 4 the misunderstanding cause im no programmer so keep up the good work on this emulator cause i use it more than my ps2 especially when i play it in HD so thanks
(04-26-2012, 01:53 PM)refraction Wrote: As i told you, those errors are NOT Path3 masking issues. They are incompatibilities with directx and the GS, they might be fixed in the future but it requires huge rewrites of gsdx even if it is possible.

oh right ratchet has minimap issues but would it be possible to implement a minimapping fix like in software mode but it would probabliy require rewriting of thegsdx plugin and would be very buggy at first
(04-26-2012, 01:53 PM)refraction Wrote: As i told you, those errors are NOT Path3 masking issues. They are incompatibilities with directx and the GS, they might be fixed in the future but it requires huge rewrites of gsdx even if it is possible.

Also i disabled minimapping in software mode by pressing Insert key and jaks hair was still normal ,skin and eyes so maybe it could be some other type of texture corruption and lighting errors cause in hardware mode when jak goes into the dark his hair goes back to normal but when i go into light textures go spaz again
no the case of jak and daxter is different, that has floating point errors and alsorts going on, which software mode sorts. Rachet and Clank requires the mip maps.
(04-30-2012, 01:54 AM)refraction Wrote: no the case of jak and daxter is different, that has floating point errors and alsorts going on, which software mode sorts. Rachet and Clank requires the mip maps.

ok thanks but is there going to be some implement for the minimapping or would it require major rewrites of the gsdx
It would require a fair bit of rewriting to be honest Sad